How to remote another computer using tablet with Windows 7?

In summary, the conversation is about using putty.exe and pscp.exe to send data between two computers using offline communication. The person is looking for advice on what type of physical communication (such as serial port, Ethernet port, etc.) and what type of communication (file transfer, interactive, remote control) would be best for their situation. They also mention using pcAnywhere and Kermit for remote control and file transfer.
Nate Duong
Dear group,

I am trying to send data to another computer (offline, no internet connection...) just communication between 2 computers using putty.exe and pscp.exe (sorry if I say wrong).

If you have any ideal, please advise!

Thank you,

Nate Duong.

Computer science news on Phys.org
What kind of physical communication do you have. Serial port? Ethernet port? Bluetooth? Wifi? Parallel port?

What kind of communications do you need; file transfer? interactive? remote control?

We can't give you a good answer without a more specific question.

anorlunda said:
What kind of physical communication do you have. Serial port? Ethernet port? Bluetooth? Wifi? Parallel port?

What kind of communications do you need; file transfer? interactive? remote control?

We can't give you a good answer without a more specific question.

Dear anorlunda,

Sorry for the missing information,

I am trying to do with Serial port for the physical communication.

Hope you can have some advise for me,

Thank You,

Nate Duong said:
Dear anorlunda,

Sorry for the missing information,

Hope you can have some advise for me,

Thank You,

pcAnywhere from Symantec can do remote control using serial ports.A venerable old program called Kermit was useful for transferring files using serial ports in the 1980s. You can probably find free copies of it.

Nate Duong said:
Are you sure? I haven't seen a serial port on a computer for at least 10 years...

1. How do I remotely access another computer using a tablet with Windows 7?

To remotely access another computer using a tablet with Windows 7, you will need to use Remote Desktop Connection. This can be found by typing "Remote Desktop Connection" in the search bar or by going to Start > All Programs > Accessories > Remote Desktop Connection. Once opened, enter the computer's IP address or name and click "Connect" to establish a remote connection.

2. Do I need any special software or apps to remote another computer with my Windows 7 tablet?

No, you do not need any special software or apps to remote another computer with your Windows 7 tablet. Windows 7 comes with built-in Remote Desktop Connection, allowing you to easily access and control another computer.

3. Can I remote another computer with my Windows 7 tablet from anywhere?

Yes, as long as both the tablet and the computer you want to remote into have an internet connection, you can remote another computer from anywhere. However, you may need to adjust your firewall settings to allow remote connections.

4. Can I transfer files while remotely accessing another computer with my Windows 7 tablet?

Yes, you can transfer files while remotely accessing another computer with your Windows 7 tablet. Simply use the file transfer feature in Remote Desktop Connection to transfer files between the two devices.

5. Is it safe to remote another computer using my Windows 7 tablet?

As long as you are using a secure internet connection and have set up appropriate security measures, such as a strong password, it is generally safe to remote another computer using your Windows 7 tablet. However, it is always recommended to use caution when accessing sensitive information on another computer remotely.