How to Simplify the Derivative of a Cosine-Sine Product

  • Thread starter Thread starter n.a.s.h
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Simplifying
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 1K views
n.a.s.h
Messages
18
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement



Find the derivative:

F(x)= cos (x)* sin(5x^2 +7)

Homework Equations





The Attempt at a Solution



I used the power rule and the chain rule and wound up with this: but i don't know how to simplify it...

= -sin(x)*sin(5x^2+7)+(10x)*(cos x)*(cos (5x^2+7)
 
Physics news on Phys.org
n.a.s.h said:

Homework Statement



Find the derivative:

F(x)= cos (x)* sin(5x^2 +7)

Homework Equations





The Attempt at a Solution



I used the power rule and the chain rule and wound up with this: but i don't know how to simplify it...

= -sin(x)*sin(5x^2+7)+(10x)*(cos x)*(cos (5x^2+7)
You also used the product rule.

I don't see much that you can do to simplify this.
 
n.a.s.h said:

Homework Statement



Find the derivative:

F(x)= cos (x)* sin(5x^2 +7)

Homework Equations





The Attempt at a Solution



I used the power rule and the chain rule and wound up with this: but i don't know how to simplify it...

= -sin(x)*sin(5x^2+7)+(10x)*(cos x)*(cos (5x^2+7)

yeah sorry i meant product rule