SeventhSigma said:
And to be fair, while haruspex is great, he did not say anything I technically did not already know (nor was what he mentioned directly relevant to the solution); it's just that I did not understand what he was saying at the time because I assumed he actually had a solution and was giving hints.
After we solve a problem, all hard things look simple and trivial. I can't blame haruspex for that.
SeventhSigma said:
Everyone else was just being rude for no reason.
I think this is punishing all, for the behavior of the few...
And it looks like SeventhSigma doesn't want to share his solution in any case:
SeventhSigma said:
LittleNewton said:
In case you don't decide to share your solution publicly,
please at least reply to me.
not going to happen, sorry
I believe the purpose of any forum is to have a 2 way communication,
not just take from it, but sometimes give back. So although not much,
here is what I have found:
I simplified the whole equation so that (a,b,c)=1.
Then named the mutual gcd's as d,e,f and the original equation boiled down to 2 cases:
1) d^2 + e^2 = 5*f^2 (d,e odd, and f even)
2) 4*d^2 + e^2 = 5*f^2 (e,f odd)
At this point I can use some tricks to simplify each case further, e.g.
(d-f)*(d+f) = 4*(f-e)*(f+e) -> ((d-f)/2)*((d+f)/2) = (f-e)*(f+e)
but I don't know how to go on to finding all the initial seeds and
moving on to infinitely many solutions.