How to solve this differential equation using Mathematica's Dsolve?

In summary, when seeking help with code troubleshooting, it is important to post the code in question. In this conversation, the individual was a beginner in Mathematica and was advised to put a space between "g" and "f" in their code. This suggestion led to the issue being resolved.
Ayoub Tamin
TL;DR Summary
i tried the Dsolve and i got no output
88183243_638816533519068_1937464458804723712_n.jpg

Physics news on Phys.org
When asking for help troubleshooting code it is customary (and necessary) to post the code

Dale said:
When asking for help troubleshooting code it is customary (and necessary) to post the code
I'm actually so beginner in Mathematica, just want to know how to put the code in , idk what i did or what went wrong but i want to know the right way to it ù-ù

Sans titred.png
here's my best try

Likes Dale
Try putting a space between g and f

Likes BvU and berkeman
Dale said:
Try putting a space between g and f
Sans titred.png

thats what i got

Excellent! I guess that space was the only mistake then.

• Informative
Likes Ayoub Tamin
Dale said:
Excellent! I guess that space was the only mistake then.
Thank you sir

Likes Dale

1. What is the syntax for using Dsolve in Mathematica to solve a differential equation?

The syntax for using Dsolve in Mathematica is Dsolve[{equation}, {y}, {x}], where "equation" is the differential equation to be solved, "y" is the dependent variable, and "x" is the independent variable.

2. Can Dsolve handle differential equations with multiple variables?

Yes, Dsolve can handle differential equations with multiple variables. However, the dependent and independent variables must be specified in the syntax as Dsolve[{equation}, {y}, {x}].

3. How does Dsolve handle boundary conditions?

Dsolve uses the syntax Dsolve[{equation, boundary conditions}, {y}, {x}] to handle boundary conditions. The boundary conditions must be specified in terms of the dependent and independent variables.

4. Can Dsolve handle non-analytic functions in the differential equation?

Yes, Dsolve can handle non-analytic functions in the differential equation. However, the function must be defined using the "Piecewise" function in Mathematica.

5. Can Dsolve handle differential equations with initial conditions?

Yes, Dsolve can handle differential equations with initial conditions. The initial conditions must be specified using the syntax Dsolve[{equation, initial conditions}, {y}, {x}].