How to solve this electrostatic potential integral equation with Python

In summary, to set up the integral equation in Python, you will need to use libraries and functions specific to the equation you are trying to solve. For the electrostatic potential integral equation, libraries such as NumPy, SciPy, and SymPy are commonly used. Visualizations of the solution can be created using Matplotlib. There are many online resources and tutorials available for solving these equations with Python, but common challenges include ensuring efficiency and accuracy in the code, handling singularities, and verifying results.
Ado
Hi!
I would like solve this kind of relation:

[tex]\phi = \int_0^r \phi (r') 4 \pi r'dr'[/tex]

But I don't know how to proceed...

Can you advise me ?

Thank's in advance !

Last edited:
Technology news on Phys.org
Look up https://docs.scipy.org/doc/scipy/reference/tutorial/integrate.html.

Ado said:
Hi!
I would like solve this kind of relation:

[tex]\phi = \int_0^r \phi (r') 4 \pi r'dr'[/tex]

But I don't know how to proceed...

Can you advise me ?

Thank's in advance !

What is ##\phi(r)##?

## 4 \pi r'dr'## looks unfamiliar. You sure it's not ## \ 4 \pi r'^{\,2}\,dr'\ ## ?

1. How do I set up the integral equation in Python?

In order to set up the integral equation, you will need to use the appropriate libraries and functions in Python. This can vary depending on the specific equation you are trying to solve, but generally you will need to define the variables, constants, and functions involved in the equation and use a numerical integration method to solve it.

2. What libraries do I need to solve the electrostatic potential integral equation in Python?

To solve this type of equation, you will likely need to use libraries such as NumPy, SciPy, and SymPy. NumPy is useful for handling arrays and mathematical operations, SciPy has built-in functions for numerical integration, and SymPy can help with symbolic calculations and simplifications.

3. Can I visualize the solution to the electrostatic potential integral equation with Python?

Yes, you can use libraries such as Matplotlib to create visualizations of the solution to the equation. This can be helpful in gaining a better understanding of the behavior of the equation and verifying the accuracy of your results.

4. Are there any online resources or tutorials for solving electrostatic potential integral equations with Python?

Yes, there are many online resources and tutorials available that can guide you through the process of solving electrostatic potential integral equations with Python. Some good places to start include the official documentation for the libraries mentioned above, as well as online forums and communities for Python users.

5. Are there any common challenges or pitfalls when using Python to solve electrostatic potential integral equations?

One common challenge is ensuring that your code is efficient and accurate. This may involve choosing the right integration method, avoiding errors in your input data, and properly handling any singularities or other tricky aspects of the equation. It is also important to carefully check your results and make sure they make sense in the context of the problem you are trying to solve.