1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

How to study for phsics SAT sbject test?

1. Sep 22, 2008 #1
    Hello, I have taken honors physics, and this coming november...

I'm taking physics SAT subject test. (I'm a highschool senior right now

and that would be my last shot) I'm just wondering if anybody could give me

a tip to be good at physics, or how to do good on physics subject test.

I bought the BARRONS prep book, But I'm not sure if I could finish it before I take the test.

Pleas help me!!><

Thank you for reading my question!><
  2. jcsd
  3. Sep 23, 2008 #2
    In England we have various exam boards administering the tests...

When I was your age, i'd check the exam board's website and print out the syllabus: that is, everything they could conceivably test us on.

My advice, if your system is at all similar, would be to try to acquire some syllabus list or something and make sure you remember all those facts that they expect you to! Yes, it's important to do some practice questions since that's the only real way to learn and so i'm sure there Barrons will be useful. But, that said, a good deal of school testing amounts to being able to remember things (unfortunately) and so, if that's the way to pass exams, find out what they want you to have covered and remember it.

An example of what I mean can be found here:
    I doubt it'll be relevant to you but serves to illustrate the sort of resource I found useful.

As far as I'm aware, there's little mathematics involved, just simple trigonometry and what-not so make sure you know your SOH-CAH-TOAs and stuff.
  4. Sep 23, 2008 #3
    p.s. Do as much of Barrons as you can!!!

(If Barrons is similar to the actual paper you'll get a good idea of what things they'll test you on (which if you have forgotten/don't know you can look up) and get some good practice of the types of questions you'll likely encounter)
  5. Sep 24, 2008 #4
    Sparknotes put out a book covering it. I got a 770 my first try from around 2 days of cramming. I had taken honors physics 3 years prior, so I was pretty familiar with a lot of the non-E/M stuff though.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?