Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

How to titrate compound contains butanoic and phosphoric aci

1. Aug 3, 2015 #1
    How to titrate compound contains both function group butanoic and phosphoric acid? How much peak we expect if we titrate it with NaOH? How to calculate assay of that compound.

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 3, 2015 #2

Borek

Staff: Mentor

All titrations and all titration calculations are based on stoichiometry. Not knowing pKa of involved groups (you wrote "compound containing functional groups", so I assume it is not a mixture) it is impossible to predict neutralization stoichiometry.

No idea what peak you are talking about - no peaks in titration (unless you refer to some method of endpoint detection).

4. Aug 3, 2015 #3
    Thanks Borek, I want to do assay by titration of one of the pharmaceutical compound contains both these function group ( phosporic acid and butanoic acid). Can i go for titration with 0.1 N NaOH, and how many end point i should expect?

5. Aug 3, 2015 #4

Borek

Staff: Mentor

I already told you:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook