1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Studying How to train for USAPhO and IPhO

1. Jun 7, 2016 #1
    Hi, I am a freshman in high school (going into sophomore next September) and am trying to prepare for the IPhO. I was recommended to use Resnick and Halliday to learn the physics, and am currently doing that. However, I am still unable to solve USAPhO problems in areas that I have covered in Resnick and Halliday. How should I bridge the gap between Resnick and Halliday problems to USAPhO problems so that I am able to solve the harder USAPhO and IPhO problems? Also, how much calculus do I have to know for the USAPhO and IPhO? I am taking Calc BC next year, but I do not know if that is enough. Is there other math that I must learn?

Thanks,
    Suhaas

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 7, 2016 #2
    My friend used Irodov. Not sure if this is sufficient. Also, take a look at books like Kleppner and Kolenkow, Marion Thorthon, Purcell.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted