How to write the G-codes for this part on a CNC mill?

• Engineering
  • Thread starter Tung Jian Seng
  • Start date
In summary, the person is asking for help with writing g-codes for a component and specifically mentions needing assistance with the island and pocket parts with fillets. They apologize for not knowing the rules and mention having tried parts (i), (ii), and (iv) but needing help with part (iii).
Tung Jian Seng
Poster has been reminded to show their work on schoolwork problems
Homework Statement
Hi, I just learnt fundamentals on programming G-codes
Does anyone knows how to write g-codes for this component? I am wondering how to do the island (iii) and pocket (iv) parts with fillets.
Appreciate a lot if someone could save me from this :))
Relevant Equations
-
cncn.JPG
cncn1.JPG

Physics news on Phys.org
Tung Jian Seng said:
Homework Statement:: Hi, I just learned fundamentals on programming G-codes
Does anyone knows how to write g-codes for this component? I am wondering how to do the island (iii) and pocket (iv) parts with fillets.
Appreciate a lot if someone could save me from this :))
Relevant Equations:: -

View attachment 282371View attachment 282372
You should know the PF schoolwork rules by now. You need to show your work before we can offer tutorial help.

Can you show us how you did parts (i) and (ii) so far?

Okayyss noted.. I wasn't aware of the rules. I am so sorry about that😅
Yes, I have tried to do the parts (i) (ii) and (iv). Left part (iii), because I have no idea how to do the fillets.
But I am not sure are they workable or not.
codes.JPG

1. What are G-codes and why are they important in CNC milling?

G-codes are a set of instructions that tell a CNC machine how to move and operate. They are important because they determine the precise movements and actions of the machine, resulting in accurate and consistent production of parts.

2. How do I determine which G-codes to use for a specific part?

The G-codes needed for a part are determined by the design and specifications of the part. This includes the type of material, dimensions, and required features. A CNC programmer or engineer should be able to analyze the part and determine the appropriate G-codes to use.

3. Can G-codes be customized for a specific CNC machine?

Yes, G-codes can be customized for a specific CNC machine. However, there are some standard G-codes that are universal and can be used on most machines. It is important to consult the machine's manual and make any necessary adjustments to the G-codes before running a program.

4. How do I input G-codes into a CNC mill?

G-codes can be input into a CNC mill using a computer-aided manufacturing (CAM) software or by manually writing the code using a text editor. The code is then transferred to the machine using a USB drive or through a network connection.

5. Are there any common mistakes to avoid when writing G-codes for CNC milling?

Some common mistakes to avoid when writing G-codes for CNC milling include using incorrect syntax, not accounting for tool changes, and not properly setting the origin point. It is important to thoroughly test and debug the code before running it on the machine to avoid any errors or damage.