1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

How to write these formulas in Matlab?

1. Nov 18, 2009 #1
    Hi, all. I'm new with Matlab. Anyone knows how to write these formulas in Matlab?

1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data

I need to write the following formulas in Matlab. The definitions are as follows.

1. [tex]p_{f}[/tex]: the wireless link layer frame error rate
    2. [tex]\tau[/tex]: the wireless link layer inter-frame interval
    3. [tex]p_{i,j}[/tex]: the probability that the first frame transmitted by the node is received correctly by the router, being the [tex]i[/tex]th retransmitted frame at the [tex]j[/tex]th transmission trial.
    4. [tex]t_{f}[/tex]: the one-way frame transportation delay between the node and router.

5. n = 3
    6. [tex]p_{f}[/tex] = 0 ~ 0.5
    7. [tex]\tau[/tex] = 20ms

2. Relevant equations

Please, see the attached picture where the formulas appear.

3. The attempt at a solution

I'm trying to write it many times. I spent with it for a couple of days, but I cannot.

What I want to have is the matlab code that displays [tex]t_{f}[/tex] values as [tex]p_{f}[/tex] is increased from 0 to 0.5.

Thanks in advance!!!

Attached Files:

• 1.png
      1.png
      File size:
      4.7 KB
      Views:
  2. jcsd
  3. Nov 18, 2009 #2

Mark44

Staff: Mentor

Do you know how to implement a summation using a for loop? It's probably helpful for you to show us what you have done.

4. Nov 19, 2009 #3
    Umm...actually, I don't have any ideas for solving it. I'm expecting people who knows a bit about Matlab can do it easily. But, I cannot do it because I just started to use Matlab this month.

Thanks.

5. Nov 19, 2009 #4

Mark44

Staff: Mentor

Sure there are people here who could do it easily, but I doubt that anyone will without you putting some effort into it first. We're not here to do your work for you, but are more than willing to help steer you in the right direction.

6. Jan 17, 2010 #5

mis

hai..i want to ask ..how to plot 3D graph using matlab...i just have the data...don't have da function of x,y or z..plz help me..

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook