How will people know you're dead?

• Thread starter BobG
  • Start date
In summary, a deadman's switch would be activated if health signals failed to be received by a server. This would temporarily host an "I'm Dead or Missing" webpage and e-mail notifications would be sent to relevant individuals. A script writes a post on various forums linking to the D.o.M. page. And, finally, a wipe command would be sent to the computer 24 hours after the cease of health signals.
mugaliens said:
As for wiping my hard drives, there are a lot of digital images of friends and family over the last decade, and I think they'd want them. I certainly know my son would. After those are copied, then he'd run a program which wipes the drive.

Ooh, very good point. I'm running way behind in archiving those to CD. The program would have to know which directories should be copied and which directories (and e-mails) should be deleted.

And maybe the e-mail notifications aren't that important. In fact, I'm beginning to rethink the whole idea. Maybe this is a better attitude:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEPMlSpMQQU

I still need to someone to dispose of that inflatable sheep in my closet if I die.

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
BobG said:
I still need to someone to dispose of that inflatable sheep in my closet if I die.
And someone to dispose of the high-top boots. :devil:

Though if the sheep is inflatable, the boots may not have been necessary, absent a need for historical accuracy.

I leave my Obama calendar to Russ.
My Bibles, Book of Mormon, Bhagavad Gita, and other religious texts, go to Zapper and Berke.
Astronuc can have all of my philosophy books.
To Greg I leave my Sci-Forums membership
I leave my Hawaiin miles to MIH
To Evo, I leave my cats. :devil:

Ivan Seeking said:
To Evo, I leave my cats. :devil:
Awwww! <sniff> They are welcome here.

Who gets Tsu? Can I have Tsu? Huh? Can I, Can I?

Evo said:
Awwww! <sniff> They are welcome here.

Mwahahahaha, you have no idea what you're getting into. My cats are all evil.

Who gets Tsu? Can I have Tsu? Huh? Can I, Can I?

You, Mih, and Tsu, should just go live in Hawaii. MIH will have the Hawaiin miles to get you there.

But don't expect a wild time. When Tsu went with my aunt, they picked up two gay guys. Somehow I don't think Tsu has this extramarital stuff figured out.

Ivan Seeking said:
You, Mih, and Tsu, should just go live in Hawaii. MIH will have the Hawaiin miles to get you there.

That's very generous of you, Ivan. :smile: We can scatter your ashes over a volcano if you like.

I want to be incorporated into a surf board.

Btw, Tsu says it a no-go on the Mormon thing.

Ivan Seeking said:
Mwahahahaha, you have no idea what you're getting into. My cats are all evil.
There is no cat too evil.

Thank you Ivan!

But don't expect a wild time. When Tsu went with my aunt, they picked up two gay guys. Somehow I don't think Tsu has this extramarital stuff figured out.
Gay guys - all of the fun, none of the headaches.

Ivan Seeking said:
I want to be incorporated into a surf board.
Be sure you give us specifics, once we start drinking, you might end up as a knick knack.

Btw, Tsu says it a no-go on the Mormon thing.
Hell no! One man and multiple women? Pfffttt!

Ivan Seeking said:
I leave my Obama calendar to Russ.

:rofl:

Ivan Seeking said:
I leave my Obama calendar to Russ...

:rofl: OMG, that's the best one! :rofl:

Evo said:
Gay guys - all of the fun, none of the headaches.

*snork*

Evo said:
Be sure you give us specifics, once we start drinking, you might end up as a knick knack.

Okay, Tsu and I were talking about this, and I decided that I want to be preserved and hardened in a bodysurfing posture, and used an an Ivanboard. I should handle well due to the huge skeg [fin].

Hell no! One man and multiple women? Pfffttt!

Oh come now, that's the one thing that the old-school mormons got right!

Last edited:
turbo-1 said:
I don't pay any bills electronically, since that would entail giving power company, phone company, etc electronic access to my liquid accounts. That ain't going to happen!

That's pretty paranoid. By paying bills electronically you are not giving anyone access to your account in the same way that by paying a cheque over a counter you are not giving them access to your account. I pay everything electronically now, since it's just way more simple, and you usually get discounts for doing so.

Ivan Seeking said:
Okay, Tsu and I were talking about this, and I decided that I want to be preserved and hardened in a bodysurfing posture, and used an an Ivanboard. I should handle well due to the huge skeg [fin].
:rofl::rofl:

Oh come now, that's the one thing that the old-school mormons got right!
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Now I know how people are loosing keyboards around here. :drying keys:

If somehow your corpse mummifies and doesn't attract any attention, what would it matter that you had died? If no one needed your apartment, it could just serve as your tomb. If your automatic deposit income covered all your automatic bill payments, you could become pure fiscal stimulus spending without any purpose but to boost revenues, create jobs, and increase GDP.