Hydrostatic force incline plane

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
5 replies · 2K views
Marchese_alex
Messages
54
Reaction score
0
I understand all the concepts, the only thing I don't know is were does Yc=hc/sin 60 comes from.
Im kind of visual, if you could upload how you do it, it would help
 
Attachments
  • photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    42.1 KB · Views: 566
Physics news on Phys.org
Marchese_alex said:
I understand all the concepts, the only thing I don't know is were does Yc=hc/sin 60 comes from.
Im kind of visual, if you could upload how you do it, it would help

Where is Yc? Is it the hypoteneuse of the triangle with hc?
 
Can someone explain why do I need to divide the two shears?(last step)
 
Attachments
  • 0de5c50fb7170d12062c9489d830aa5f.jpg
    0de5c50fb7170d12062c9489d830aa5f.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 505
Is ratio calculated just by dividing two things?