Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

I am opposed to scary movies about vampires

1. Apr 29, 2006 #1
    It's not my fault that I'm not going to be able to sleep at all, this weekend. I blame the television for making me watch From dusk to dawn at 3 A.M. Maybe I should lawsuit something.

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 29, 2006 #2

Mk

Where has logic and rational thinking gotten us?

4. Apr 29, 2006 #3

Astronuc

Staff: Mentor

Perhaps you should sleep on it. :rolleyes: :biggrin:

5. Apr 29, 2006 #4

Curious3141

Homework Helper

That movie isn't scary at all man. OTOH, very little scares me anymore.

6. Apr 29, 2006 #5

JamesU

Gold Member

From Dusk Till Dawn was terrible...

7. Apr 29, 2006 #6

Curious3141

Homework Helper

Very bad movie, yes (I was disappointed with Quentin Tarantino for having anything to do with it, but then the movie was directed by Robert Rodriguez, IIRC).

Something rather weird and spooky did happen when I was watching the movie though. This was late evening (of course), I was watching the movie with my dad. At the pivotal scene when they all reveal themselves to be vampires, a bat comes flying in from outside the house, zooms in on the lamp right next to the TV (where the movie's playing) and roosts upside down. :surprised:

This had never happened before (or since). So it was exceedingly weird that a bat should choose the moment when we were watching a vampire movie (and the vamp transformation was taking place on screen) to grace us with its presence.

Anyway, my dad and I laughed about it, I shooed it away, chased it around the house for a while until it flew back through the doorway I opened for it.

Beat that for strange occurences during movies. :biggrin:

8. Apr 29, 2006 #7
    What exactly did you find so scary about From Dusk till Dawn ???

marlon

9. Apr 29, 2006 #8

JamesU

Gold Member

There are much scarier(and better) movies that From Dusk Till Dawn...go watch some...

10. Apr 29, 2006 #9
    No. 10 characters

11. Apr 29, 2006 #10

arildno

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member
    Dearly Missed

No?
    What about a classic like Nosferatu with Max Schreck in it?
    Go watch it.

12. Apr 29, 2006 #11

JamesU

Gold Member

I think it's impossible to find the old Nosferatu anywhere

13. Apr 29, 2006 #12
    Rach (is that short for Rachmaninov ?)

I recommend the Blade movies. They are just not too scary but still somehow entertaining. There are some great fighting sequences and the opening scene (with the music as well) of the first Blade movie is very spectacular (but not in a scary way).

These are ideal movies for softies like yourself :)
    If you wanna explore something more interesting, i can recommend some other titles but i will PM them to you. Otherwise, people will start thinking that i am promoting violent movies again :rofl:

Can you imagine ????

regards
    marlon

14. Apr 29, 2006 #13
    :approve:
    Great stuff indeed. I also like the modern adaptation with Malkovich and Dafoe.

marlon

15. Apr 29, 2006 #14
    Blade is the kind of movie you only watch once, because you got suckered into buying a movie ticket.

16. Apr 29, 2006 #15
    Let's keep an open mind about this, ok
    Yes, let's do that

:rolleyes:

Watching/admiring Blade is a perfect therapy to overcome the fears and weaknesses of the OP.

Dr. marlon, MD, Crazyness Inducer

17. Apr 29, 2006 #16
  18. Apr 29, 2006 #17
    :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Now, this is good therapy...shock therapy that is...

Great link man, thanks.

marlon

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?