I am trying to learn physics, but I'm having trouble.

• Thread starter brocktj4
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Physics
In summary, a high school junior with a passion for physics and cars is exploring the subject using online courses. They are seeking help with solving challenge questions on Units and Dimensional Analysis and are directed to use the "Homework & Coursework Questions" sub-forum or the "General Physics" forum for assistance.
brocktj4
Allow me to introduce myself. I am a high school junior who is very much interested in physics, mathematics, and learning in general. The reason why I am in love with physics can be traced back to my passion for cars.

Now, going on age 17, I am exploring physics using this: http://ocw.mit.edu/courses/physics/8-01sc-physics-i-classical-mechanics-fall-2010/index.htm

My problem has to do with solving the challenge questions on Units and Dimensional Analysis. Can someone help me?

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
If you want help with specific problems/exercises, take a look at the sub-forums of "Homework & Coursework Questions", right above this forum on the PF home page. Before you post questions there, read the rules and some threads so you can see how we do things there.

If you want conceptual/general help, use one of our regular physics forums. "General Physics" would probably be a suitable place to start.

Thanks. Sorry about the trouble!

1. Why is physics difficult to learn?

Physics can be challenging because it involves complex mathematical concepts and requires a strong understanding of fundamental principles. It also requires critical thinking and problem-solving skills.

2. How can I improve my understanding of physics?

To improve your understanding of physics, it is important to practice regularly and seek help from teachers or tutors when needed. Additionally, using visual aids and real-life examples can also aid in understanding complex concepts.

3. What are some common misconceptions about physics?

Some common misconceptions about physics include that it only involves memorization and that it is only relevant to scientists and engineers. In reality, physics involves critical thinking and can be applied to various fields such as medicine, technology, and even everyday life.

4. How can I stay motivated while learning physics?

One way to stay motivated while learning physics is to set achievable goals and track your progress. It can also be helpful to find a study group or a mentor who can provide support and encouragement.

5. What are some useful resources for learning physics?

There are many useful resources for learning physics, such as textbooks, online lectures and tutorials, and practice problems. Additionally, attending lectures and seeking help from teachers or tutors can also be beneficial.