I can't seem to find this limit

Homework Statement

1.jpg

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

I tried using the rule of multiplying with the "conjugate", for example what's above multiplied by (√n^3+3n)+(√n^3+2n^2+3)/(√n^3+3n)+(√n^3+2n^2+3).
But I'm left with a huge mess :(
I also tried dividing the top and the bottom by n^2 in the square roots to get the n out, but that didn't work either :(

Answers and Replies

haruspex
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Insights Author
Gold Member

Homework Statement

View attachment 94117

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

I tried using the rule of multiplying with the "conjugate", for example what's above multiplied by (√n^3+3n)+(√n^3+2n^2+3)/(√n^3+3n)+(√n^3+2n^2+3).
But I'm left with a huge mess :(
I also tried dividing the top and the bottom by n^2 in the square roots to get the n out, but that didn't work either :(
The conjugate method looks good here. It doesn't give a mess in the numerator, right? In the denominator, do you need all the terms, or is it sufficient then only to look at the leading terms?

The image is so bad I can't even see the value of the exponents, try to write it out in latex next time.
Assuming what you wrote is ##\frac{\sqrt{n^3+3n}-\sqrt{n^3+2n^2+3}}{\sqrt{n+2}}##
multiplying with the conjugate works for me. After you done that note that only the "highest order" terms matter.

vela
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Education Advisor
After you multiply by the conjugate, you want to pull the highest power of n, not ##n^2##, out of each of the square roots.