I don't know what animal my fossil used to be

  • Thread starter Thread starter christinedaae
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Animal
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 4K views
christinedaae
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
ok here's a description. It sort of looks like a cyclomedusa at the top only a bit more detailed. Then it sort of looks like a jellyfish; long strings going down. Then it has the cyclomedusa thing at the bottom. I found it in my backyard! I'm only 12 years old so I'm clueless! Geology is my favorite subject. I got the highest score in my grade for my geology test! Please tell me if you know what animal or plant this might have been!:-p
 
Earth sciences news on Phys.org
christinedaae said:
ok here's a description. It sort of looks like a cyclomedusa at the top only a bit more detailed. Then it sort of looks like a jellyfish; long strings going down. Then it has the cyclomedusa thing at the bottom. I found it in my backyard! I'm only 12 years old so I'm clueless! Geology is my favorite subject. I got the highest score in my grade for my geology test! Please tell me if you know what animal or plant this might have been!:-p
Welcome to the forum!

Do you have any way to take a picture of it? It would be easier to identify with a picture. Geology is one of my favorite subjects too.
 
Hi, sounds like a nice find and even better, from your own yard. Evo is right, a photo would be best. But also knowing things like where you are from, would help too.