1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

I know there is no such thing as anti-acceleration but if there was

1. Dec 13, 2012 #1
    I know there is no such thing as anti-acceleration but if there was would it be the correct way in describing the acceleration of the hypothetical anti-graviton?

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 13, 2012 #2

Drakkith

Staff: Mentor

Re: Anti-acceleration

What are you talking about? The anti-particle of a graviton would behave exactly the same as the normal graviton, as I believe the graviton is its own anti-particle since it's a spin-2 boson.

4. Dec 13, 2012 #3

Ya its tough to make sense of what I mean, basically as something falls to the ground its accelerating due to gravity. So if something falls towards the sky its accelerating as well. Suppose this "anti-gravity" or "anti-graviton" is the result, would this different acceleration become the anti-acceleration? This is completely hypothetical mind you.

5. Dec 13, 2012 #4

Drakkith

Unknown, such a thing is not known to be possible. I've seen math that says matter responding differently to gravity like this would still accelerate in the same direction, so I want to say no.

6. Dec 13, 2012 #5

berkeman

We do not permit speculation outside of mainstream science here on the PF. This thread is closed.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook