Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

I know there is no such thing as anti-acceleration but if there was

1. Dec 13, 2012 #1
    I know there is no such thing as anti-acceleration but if there was would it be the correct way in describing the acceleration of the hypothetical anti-graviton?

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 13, 2012 #2

Drakkith

Staff: Mentor

Re: Anti-acceleration

What are you talking about? The anti-particle of a graviton would behave exactly the same as the normal graviton, as I believe the graviton is its own anti-particle since it's a spin-2 boson.

4. Dec 13, 2012 #3

Ya its tough to make sense of what I mean, basically as something falls to the ground its accelerating due to gravity. So if something falls towards the sky its accelerating as well. Suppose this "anti-gravity" or "anti-graviton" is the result, would this different acceleration become the anti-acceleration? This is completely hypothetical mind you.

5. Dec 13, 2012 #4

Drakkith

Unknown, such a thing is not known to be possible. I've seen math that says matter responding differently to gravity like this would still accelerate in the same direction, so I want to say no.

6. Dec 13, 2012 #5

berkeman

We do not permit speculation outside of mainstream science here on the PF. This thread is closed.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook