Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

I need a recommendation for good brands of antiperspirant

1. Dec 20, 2007 #1
    Does anyone know any good brands of antiperspirant which work well, but don't leave white marks on shirts? My wife is getting tired of scrubbing the armpits every time she washes them.

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 20, 2007 #2

Evo

Staff: Mentor

Look for brands which claim that they are invisible and don't leave white marks. It's trial and error, I have found that for me, Dove works the best.

4. Dec 20, 2007 #3

jim mcnamara

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

You also could consider wearing white shirts.... :smile:

Aluminum chorohydrate along with some waxes = most of the white gook

So, find a spray-on or a roll-on, not a waxy stick, one that does not have Aluminum chlorohydrate on the label.

5. Dec 20, 2007 #4

BobG

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Maybe you could try deodorants, instead.

Anitperspirant vs deodorant

Or take the attitude one of my junior high gym teachers used to take: "A man shouldn't shower - it washes away his natural odor."

6. Dec 20, 2007 #5

Evo

Staff: Mentor

If there is a lot of residue, you could be applying too much, and I agree with changing from a stick (which I use, but I do my own laundry)

7. Dec 20, 2007 #6
    I use axe or red zone, and neither leave me with white marks... though I don't really sweat, come to think of it.

be careful with axe though; it can leave nasty bruises, what with the herds of women that are going to be throwing themselves all over you :rolleyes:.

8. Dec 20, 2007 #7

EnumaElish

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Sound to me like you need a new detergent/washing machine.

Try persil.

9. Dec 20, 2007 #8
    Start fishing. Then it's always the fish that stinks.

10. Dec 20, 2007 #9

jim mcnamara

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Are your pheromone producing glands excised or something?

I love the Dilbert:
    He clobbers himelf with pheromone spray. A woman is greatly atracted and siumltaneously conflicted by his presence. In the last panel she explodes.

My only use for pheromones is to mix 'em into an old clorox bottle that is half-full of soapy water. Attracts flies and they drown with a smile. Sometimes I think Axe must be made of the same stuff.

11. Dec 20, 2007 #10
    I use this: Crystal Deodorant

It's all natural, but isn't a antiperspirant; you will still sweat, just without the stink. I believe it's better for your body in the long run.

12. Dec 20, 2007 #11

jim mcnamara

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Do you mean it's not natural to plug up sweat glands with aluminum salts? You goota be some kind of luddite - whatever happened to "better living through chemistry"

13. Dec 20, 2007 #12

jim mcnamara

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Do you mean it's not natural to plug up sweat glands with aluminum salts? You gotta be some kind of Luddite :smile: - whatever happened to "better living through chemistry"

:answer: the Love Canal

14. Dec 20, 2007 #13

DaveC426913

Gold Member

This is funny. My wife uses that expression a lot. It might be because she grew up in Niagara Falls Canada.

I can't stand the thought of plugging up my pores with goop. I use a deoderant rather than an antiperspirant.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?