I need a recommendation for good brands of antiperspirant

  • Thread starter Thread starter NeoDevin
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Recommendation
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
12 replies · 3K views
NeoDevin
Messages
334
Reaction score
2
Does anyone know any good brands of antiperspirant which work well, but don't leave white marks on shirts? My wife is getting tired of scrubbing the armpits every time she washes them.
 
Biology news on Phys.org
NeoDevin said:
Does anyone know any good brands of antiperspirant which work well, but don't leave white marks on shirts? My wife is getting tired of scrubbing the armpits every time she washes them.
Look for brands which claim that they are invisible and don't leave white marks. It's trial and error, I have found that for me, Dove works the best.
 
You also could consider wearing white shirts... :smile:

Aluminum chorohydrate along with some waxes = most of the white gook

So, find a spray-on or a roll-on, not a waxy stick, one that does not have Aluminum chlorohydrate on the label.
 
Maybe you could try deodorants, instead.

Anitperspirant vs deodorant

Or take the attitude one of my junior high gym teachers used to take: "A man shouldn't shower - it washes away his natural odor."
 
If there is a lot of residue, you could be applying too much, and I agree with changing from a stick (which I use, but I do my own laundry)
 
I use axe or red zone, and neither leave me with white marks... though I don't really sweat, come to think of it.

be careful with axe though; it can leave nasty bruises, what with the herds of women that are going to be throwing themselves all over you :rolleyes:.
 
moe darklight said:
I use axe or red zone, and neither leave me with white marks... though I don't really sweat, come to think of it.

be careful with axe though; it can leave nasty bruises, what with the herds of women that are going to be throwing themselves all over you :rolleyes:.


Are your pheromone producing glands excised or something?

I love the Dilbert:
He clobbers himelf with pheromone spray. A woman is greatly atracted and siumltaneously conflicted by his presence. In the last panel she explodes.

My only use for pheromones is to mix 'em into an old clorox bottle that is half-full of soapy water. Attracts flies and they drown with a smile. Sometimes I think Axe must be made of the same stuff.
 
I use this: http://www.thecrystal.com/product.cfm/id/2/scid/a/submit_thumb/2"

It's all natural, but isn't a antiperspirant; you will still sweat, just without the stink. I believe it's better for your body in the long run.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
falc39 said:
I use this: http://www.thecrystal.com/product.cfm/id/2/scid/a/submit_thumb/2"

It's all natural, but isn't a antiperspirant; you will still sweat, just without the stink. I believe it's better for your body in the long run.


Do you mean it's not natural to plug up sweat glands with aluminum salts? You goota be some kind of luddite - whatever happened to "better living through chemistry"
 
Last edited by a moderator:
falc39 said:
I use this: http://www.thecrystal.com/product.cfm/id/2/scid/a/submit_thumb/2"

It's all natural, but isn't a antiperspirant; you will still sweat, just without the stink. I believe it's better for your body in the long run.


Do you mean it's not natural to plug up sweat glands with aluminum salts? You got to be some kind of Luddite :smile: - whatever happened to "better living through chemistry"

:answer: the Love Canal
 
Last edited by a moderator:
jim mcnamara said:
Do you mean it's not natural to plug up sweat glands with aluminum salts? You got to be some kind of Luddite :smile: - whatever happened to "better living through chemistry"

:answer: the Love Canal
This is funny. My wife uses that expression a lot. It might be because she grew up in Niagara Falls Canada.

I can't stand the thought of plugging up my pores with goop. I use a deoderant rather than an antiperspirant.