I need help removing an annoying popup

• Thread starter gmax137
  • Start date
In summary, some individuals have reported receiving a pop-up message claiming their computer is infected after restarting their computer. The message includes a link to a questionable website and the individual is seeking advice on how to remove this notification. It is advised to turn off notifications from nonspewpa.com in the browser and to be cautious about allowing notifications from any website. This website has been reported to display fake messages in order to trick users into subscribing to spam push notifications. It is also mentioned that using recent versions of Chrome or Firefox may help prevent these types of exploits.
gmax137
Science Advisor
Education Advisor
I recently shut down my computer and since I turned it back on I get an annoying popup screaming that my computer is infected. It includes a link 37yito dot nonspewpa dot com

Anyone else seen this? How do I get rid of it?

Thanks!

here's a jpeg from a screenshot
popup.jpg

Computer science news on Phys.org
You need to turn off notifications from nonspewpa.com in whatever browser(s) you use.

In future be more careful about allowing notifications (or don't do it at all).

Likes gmax137
@pbuk I cannot thank you enough!

pbuk said:
I have no idea that I did "allow notifications" from any site.

pbuk said:
And that doesn't seem to be a good website either. According to https://malwaretips.com/blogs/remove-nonspewpa-com/,

What is Nonspewpa.com?​

Nonspewpa.com is a site that displays fake messages to trick you into subscribing to its spam push notifications.

If you do subscribe to the Nonspewpa.com notifications, you will start seeing receiving spam popups directly on your desktop or phone even if the browser is closed. These ads are for adult sites, online web games, fake software updates, and unwanted programs.

@gmax137 Did you ever visit this site?

Wrichik Basu said:
Did you ever visit this site?
nope. at least, AFAIK.

gmax137 said:
nope. at least, AFAIK.
It will probably have been when you were visiting a different site; this site will have embedded the malicious site which asked for permission to display requests. This is much harder to do with recent versions of Chrome and Firefox (not sure about Edge), but if you are using IE you are WIDE OPEN to exploits like this.

Last edited:
A new in 2022 computer
Microsoft Edge
Version 106.0.1370.37 (Official build) (64-bit)

1. How do I identify the source of the annoying popup?

To identify the source of the annoying popup, you can use a task manager or a third-party anti-malware software to see which programs or processes are running in the background. You can also check your browser extensions and plugins to see if any of them are responsible for the popup.

2. Is it safe to click on the popup to try and remove it?

No, it is not safe to click on the popup as it may lead to further malware and viruses being installed on your device. It is best to avoid clicking on any popups that you are unsure about and instead use legitimate anti-malware software to remove them.

3. Can I manually remove the annoying popup?

It is possible to manually remove the annoying popup, but it can be a complicated and time-consuming process. It is recommended to use anti-malware software to ensure that all traces of the popup are completely removed.

4. How can I prevent the popup from appearing again in the future?

To prevent the popup from appearing again, make sure to keep your device and software up-to-date, use a reliable anti-malware program, and avoid clicking on suspicious links or downloading unknown files. You can also adjust your browser settings to block popups.

5. Is it necessary to seek professional help to remove the popup?

If you are not confident in your ability to remove the popup yourself, it is recommended to seek professional help. This can ensure that the popup is completely removed and any potential damage to your device is repaired.