1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

I need practice problems-Waves and Vibrations

1. Sep 20, 2006 #1

EP

I need practice problems for Waves and vibrations course. Right now we are doing superposed vibtrations and I dont understand it. The book we have for the class is A.P. French and it has like maybe 10 problems in it and NO worked out solutions. I have REA's Physics problem solver but it doesnt have any in it. Also any study tips on how to get through this material would be great because right now I'm not getting it.

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 23, 2006 #2

EP

anybody? help!

4. Sep 23, 2006 #3
    try Boas' book Mathematical Methods in the Physical Sciences.
    As a complement, you could try Arfken and Weber's book, Mathematical Methods for Physicists. I know that Boas' book has examples, and problems w/ solutions in the back. Not sure about Arfken and Weber.

Search your university's library first. Failing that, you can order them on Amazon.com.

5. Sep 24, 2006 #4

EP

Thank you!

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?