I need some help for the verification of an assignment about pendulums

In summary, Django from the Netherlands is seeking help with a physics assignment on pendulums. The assignment requires him to verify his results with someone in a country with a different gravitational force. He is asking for someone to build a DIY pendulum and film it, and then use a given formula to calculate the period and acceleration due to gravity. He also asks for the person to state their name and make the video unique to prove that he did not copy the results.
DvdP
Hello, my name is Django and I live in the Netherlands. I've got an assignment for physics about pendulums and part of this assignment is that I need to verify my result with someone else in a country with a different gravitational force (the gravitational force were I live is 9.813 N/m2). I wanted ask you whether you'd want to help me with this.
If you want to help you should build a DIY pendulum (with some cheap and easy to find materials) and film it while you make a sling.
upload_2018-5-23_16-56-48.png

After this I need you to fill in this formula:

T = the period in seconds (for the swing)
l = the length of the pendulum in meters (as you can see in the picture)
g = the acceleration due to gravity in m/s2
upload_2018-5-23_16-56-27.png

If you would help me with this I'd be very thankful!
Cheers,
Django van der Plas

PS.
Would you please say in the video that you make it for me and Rens, so I can prove that I haven't copied it from somewhere? Thanks!

Attachments

• upload_2018-5-23_16-56-27.jpeg
    upload_2018-5-23_16-56-27.jpeg
    9.4 KB · Views: 445
  • upload_2018-5-23_16-56-27.png
    upload_2018-5-23_16-56-27.png
    5.8 KB · Views: 391
  • upload_2018-5-23_16-56-48.jpeg
    upload_2018-5-23_16-56-48.jpeg
    23.3 KB · Views: 461
  • upload_2018-5-23_16-56-48.png
    upload_2018-5-23_16-56-48.png
    58.5 KB · Views: 359
Physics news on Phys.org
berkeman said:
Welcome to the PF. :smile:

Do you attend the same school as this student? https://www.physicsforums.com/threads/calculating-gravity.947845/

Yes, thank you, I couldn't find the thread! But nevertheless, I still need someone to help me as well, since I don't think our teacher will accept the exact same results :wink:

1. What is a pendulum?

A pendulum is a weight suspended from a fixed point that swings back and forth due to the force of gravity. It is commonly used in clocks and other timekeeping devices.

2. How does a pendulum work?

A pendulum works by converting potential energy into kinetic energy as it swings back and forth. The force of gravity pulls the weight down, and as it swings back up, the potential energy is converted back into kinetic energy.

3. What factors affect the motion of a pendulum?

The motion of a pendulum is affected by its length, weight, and the force of gravity. A longer pendulum will have a longer period (time for one swing) and a heavier weight will have a slower period. The force of gravity also affects the speed of the pendulum's swing.

4. How is the period of a pendulum calculated?

The period of a pendulum can be calculated using the formula T = 2π√(L/g), where T is the period in seconds, L is the length of the pendulum in meters, and g is the acceleration due to gravity (9.8 m/s^2).

5. What is the purpose of using a pendulum in an experiment?

Pendulums are often used in experiments to demonstrate the principles of motion and gravity. They can also be used to measure time and to study the relationship between variables such as length, weight, and gravity.