I need the Force/Energy/Whatever for a person jumping

• Thread starter JoshuaTheDevastater
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Height
In summary, the Force, energy, or any other type of external power is not necessary for a person to successfully jump. The act of jumping primarily relies on the physical strength and coordination of the individual's muscles and body movements. While certain forces, such as gravity, may play a role in the height and distance of the jump, it is ultimately the person's own physical abilities that determine their jumping capabilities. External forces may provide assistance or resistance, but they are not the determining factor in a person's ability to jump.
JoshuaTheDevastater
I'm trying to calculate how much Force/Energy or whatever or measure that in for a person who weighs 90 kg (Like 198 lbs. Or something) to jump 20 yards in the air. This is for a different world, so the gravity is 8.1332 m/s, as apposed to 9.807 m/s for Earth.
Please help, I know 20 yards is a lot, but please answer. Thank you.

Likes dagmar
Physics news on Phys.org
This section is for new members to introduce themselves to this community. Questions should be posted either in one of the Homework & Coursework sections, if it's schoolwork, or in one of the Physics sections, otherwise.