I need the name of a Master's specialization

In summary, Marcos is from Venezuela and is planning to go to the United States to study an Electrical Engineering specialization. He is researching the field, but is having difficulty finding information in English. He asks for advice from his friends on whether or not the specialization is indemand in the United States, and whether or not he should pursue it.
Marcosmat
Hi, my name is Marcos and I'm from Venezuela

I'm planning to go to the United States to study a specialization for my career as an Electrical Engineer.

I've always liked the idea of planning and design of power distribution for residential areas, houses, buildings, etc.

I've been researching, but due to our language differences, I can't find the right name for this specialization in English.

Can anyone of you tell me the name of this specialization in english? This way it is easier for me to research for Colleges or Universities.

Another thing, although I like a lot this specialization, I need to know if there is any demand at all for this one in the United States. Can you please give me any advice?

Thank you very much

Regards

Marcos

Physics news on Phys.org
Marcosmat said:
Hi, my name is Marcos and I'm from Venezuela

I'm planning to go to the United States to study a specialization for my career as an Electrical Engineer.

I've always liked the idea of planning and design of power distribution for residential areas, houses, buildings, etc.

I've been researching, but due to our language differences, I can't find the right name for this specialization in English.

Can anyone of you tell me the name of this specialization in english? This way it is easier for me to research for Colleges or Universities.

Another thing, although I like a lot this specialization, I need to know if there is any demand at all for this one in the United States. Can you please give me any advice?

Thank you very much

Regards

Marcos
I think if you look for "Electrical Engineering" and "Power Systems" you will find appropriate programs. Quick googling got hits for a number of EE programs with this area of specialization. I do not know what sort of demand there is in this particular area of engineering. Look for information on Professional Society sites -- IEEE, etc.

Likes Marcosmat
Thanks my friend, I appreciate it

1. What are some common Master's specializations in the field of science?

There are many different Master's specializations in the field of science, including but not limited to: biology, chemistry, physics, environmental science, neuroscience, computer science, and engineering.

2. How do I choose a Master's specialization?

Choosing a Master's specialization can be a personal decision based on your interests and career goals. It is important to research different specializations and speak with faculty or advisors to determine which one aligns best with your interests and future plans.

3. Can I switch my Master's specialization after starting the program?

Some programs may allow students to switch their specialization after starting the program, but it is important to check with the specific program and department for their policies and procedures. Keep in mind that switching specializations may require additional coursework and could potentially delay graduation.

4. Are there any prerequisites for certain Master's specializations?

Depending on the program and specialization, there may be prerequisites or recommended coursework that students should complete before starting their Master's program. It is important to research and fulfill any prerequisites before applying to a specific specialization.

5. How will a Master's specialization benefit my career?

A Master's specialization can provide you with advanced knowledge and skills in a specific area of science, which can make you more marketable to potential employers. It can also open up new job opportunities and potentially lead to higher salaries. Additionally, a Master's specialization can help you develop a deep understanding and expertise in a particular subject area, which can be valuable for pursuing a PhD or other research opportunities.