1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

I need the name of a Master's specialization

  1. Jan 13, 2015 #1
    Hi, my name is Marcos and I'm from Venezuela

    I'm planning to go to the United States to study a specialization for my career as an Electrical Engineer.

    I've always liked the idea of planning and design of power distribution for residential areas, houses, buildings, etc.

    I've been researching, but due to our language differences, I can't find the right name for this specialization in English.

    Can anyone of you tell me the name of this specialization in english? This way it is easier for me to research for Colleges or Universities.

    Another thing, although I like a lot this specialization, I need to know if there is any demand at all for this one in the United States. Can you please give me any advice?

    Thank you very much


  2. jcsd
  3. Jan 13, 2015 #2

    Quantum Defect

    User Avatar
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

    I think if you look for "Electrical Engineering" and "Power Systems" you will find appropriate programs. Quick googling got hits for a number of EE programs with this area of specialization. I do not know what sort of demand there is in this particular area of engineering. Look for information on Professional Society sites -- IEEE, etc.
  4. Jan 13, 2015 #3
    Thanks my friend, I appreciate it
Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook