I nominate these people for the Darwin award

  • Thread starter Thread starter Pengwuino
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
41 replies · 5K views
Tide said:
I was going to say that they are the definitive refutation of intelligent design - but I decided to remain silent! :wink:

I say its the ultimate refutation of evolution! Nothing this stupid can be natural. The gene pool is suppose to improve! Not hang itself!
 
Biology news on Phys.org
Pengwuino said:
I say its the ultimate refutation of evolution! Nothing this stupid can be natural. The gene pool is suppose to improve! Not hang itself!

The gene pool has two ends - one is deep and the other is shallow. :biggrin:
 
haha and they drowned and suffocated. Its funny because its true.
 
I remember spinning around in circles when I was maybe 5 or 6 so I would get dizzy and fall down. Glad I didn't graduate to the hard stuff.
 
TheStatutoryApe said:
I remember spinning around in circles when I was maybe 5 or 6 so I would get dizzy and fall down. Glad I didn't graduate to the hard stuff.
:smile: :smile: :smile: Yeah, who knew that spinning stuff was a gateway drug?
 
Anyone ever spin themselves on office chairs? Boy was that fun...
 
Pengwuino said:
Anyone ever spin themselves on office chairs? Boy was that fun...
We had kitchen chairs you could spin on, so yep, did that! It was like the home version of the teacups ride. :biggrin:
 
omagdon7 said:
This is unrelated to the death of a boy from autoerotic asphyxiation? I wasn't aware that people choked themselves without also trying to achieve orgasm.
Commonly known as "gaspers". Don't ask me how I know that. Apparently these children got tired of BB gun and dirt clod fights, papering houses, grafitti, making their parents fight, dropping m-80's in school toilets, soaping windows, egging, smoking, and playing slug-bug.
 
CNN.com - Boy dies*playing 'passing out game,' officials believe - Jul 13, 2005
Address:http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/07/13/choking.game.ap/


"...playing the game, which was popular with a group of girls at her school. Six girls at the school were suspended for a day after a security camera videotape showed the seventh-graders choking each other in a hallway.

Though the so-called game is new to many adults, it's likely something that children have been doing for a long time, said Connecticut-based child psychologist Dr. Lawrence Shapiro, author of "The Secret language of Children: How to Understand What Your Kids are Really Saying."
"That's scary," Shapiro said.

In addition to talking to kids about drugs and alcohol, parents should discuss other risky behavior, like the pass-out game, Shapiro said.
"Younger kids don't know that they can die from this, that it's a very dangerous activity," Shapiro said.
Nathan Hoiosen, a school resource officer with the Nampa Police Department, said youngsters think the choking game offers a safe buzz compared with drinking or doing drugs."
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Pengwuino said:
Anyone ever spin themselves on office chairs? Boy was that fun...
:rolleyes: I still do that. But only to demonstrate the concept of angular momentum and the moment of inertia, I swear. :eek: I am not addicted to it.

That physics stuff, however, is a different story. It's more addicting than crack. :redface:
 
author of "The Secret language of Children: How to Understand What Your Kids are Really Saying."

They aren't saying anything! What happen to the days when children did something stupid it ment they were stupid?

Man, we need to make it where you need a liceanse to have kids. Stupid children are becoming an epidemic.
 
Entropy said:
They aren't saying anything! What happen to the days when children did something stupid it ment they were stupid?

Man, we need to make it where you need a liceanse to have kids. Stupid children are becoming an epidemic.

That's because they have all those laws about child-proofing everything. It's relaxation of natural selection, I tell ya! It used to be if you were too stupid as a kid not to swallow things the size of your throat or not to stick forks in electric sockets, you didn't grow up to be a stupid teenager. :rolleyes: Bring back those metal toys with small parts!