I think the college board was wrong Maybe I am but I don't see how

In summary, the conversation is about a problem that the person solved and got stuck on part B. They do not agree with the answer given by the college board and are looking for clarification on why their answer is wrong. They also provide a link to an image for reference. The college board's answer and explanation are then provided, with the person still feeling unsure about their logic. They then mention a different question in another topic that they are also unsure about.
GreenPrint

Homework Statement

So I solved this problem and I got stuck on B and I don't agree with what the college board says is the right answer or see why my answer is mathematically wrong at all...
http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/7391/cehmistry.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

and here's what the college board says please show me how my logic is wrong

5)

(a) two points

CO2

because all contain same number of molecules (moles), and CO2 molecules are the heaviest

Note: total of 1 point earned if CO2 not chosen but same number of molecules (moles) is specified

(b) two points

All are equal

because same temperature, therefore same average kinetic energy

Note: just restatement of "same conditions, etc." does not earn second point

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
well I feel dumb nevermind =)

if you want to know

PV = nRT
n = (PV)/(RT)

it is the same after all for each ballon

but I still don't see my other question in a different topic is wrong

Related to I think the college board was wrong Maybe I am but I don't see how

1. What evidence do you have to support your belief that the college board was wrong?

As a scientist, I base my beliefs on empirical evidence. In this case, I would need to see data or specific examples that demonstrate how the college board was wrong.

2. Can you explain why you think the college board made a mistake?

I cannot speak for the college board, but I can analyze their actions and decisions based on available information. It would be helpful to know the specific instance or event that led to your belief that the college board was wrong.

3. What is your expertise in this area and how does it inform your opinion?

My expertise as a scientist allows me to approach this situation objectively and critically. I am trained to evaluate evidence and make informed conclusions based on data, rather than personal opinions or biases.

4. Have you considered alternative explanations for the college board's actions?

As a scientist, it is important to consider all possible explanations and not jump to conclusions. I would need to gather more information and analyze different perspectives before forming a solid opinion.

5. What steps can be taken to address the issue if you are proven right?

If it is determined that the college board was indeed wrong, steps can be taken to rectify the situation. This could include correcting any mistakes, implementing changes to prevent similar issues in the future, and possibly addressing any consequences that arose from the mistake.