1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

I want to make a house which will be controlled my your laptop or a cell phon

1. Mar 24, 2012 #1
    I am a year 12 student and would like to make a small model for my project.
    I want to make a house which will be controlled my your laptop or a cell phone. The house should have the following features installed.
    -should have a gate sensor (i already have made a gate sensor with a scale)
    -gate to open from my command either laptop or cell phone
    -a turntable to turn the car without any hassle.
    -a garage
    -control few light bulbs of the house from cell phone (light should light automatically at 6.30Pm every day)
    -a lastly a automatic curtain blind which open n close at specific time.

the following things will be controlled from DC motor
    -gate
    -garage
    -curtains

all light bulbs will be led.

i need help in the circuit board designing and bit of programing as for the time when bulbs will light n curtains .

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 27, 2012 #2
    You have your work cut out for you. You also need to worry about the data transmittion wirelessly from your device.

4. Mar 28, 2012 #3
    Umm it will all b conected to laptop from curcuit board.no wireless..

5. Mar 29, 2012 #4
    Hi
    I do not know your background knowledge but it might be a bit overwhelming, for you. If not i think a good starting place for your automation efforts would be to start learning to program to the Arduino kit. With it you need minimal aditional circuitrly to connect your computer to for instance a relay or transistor. You can also conceptually develop your control system before you start spending money and learning things at a time.

Hope everything works.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook