Finding the molar mass of a gas from its volume and mass at STP

  • Thread starter Thread starter Oblivion77
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Gas
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 2K views
Oblivion77
Messages
113
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement



At STP, 2.75 L of a gas weighed 5.39 g. The gas could be

a) N2
b) N2O
c) NO
d) F2
e) NF3

Homework Equations



I was thinking PV=nRT but it might not be.

The Attempt at a Solution



Nothing really.

Thanks!
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Oblivion77 said:
I was thinking PV=nRT but it might not be.

That's the right one, although not sufficient one.

Nothing really

Get back once you try.
 
Borek said:
That's the right one, although not sufficient one.



Get back once you try.


Do I need to use the fact that 1mol = 22.4L at STP?
 
Oblivion77 said:
Do I need to use the fact that 1mol = 22.4L at STP?

You may, although that's equivalent of using PV=nRT and entering standard TP (whatever that means).