1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Identifying the expression for the constant term in a power relationship

1. 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Other

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Nov 3, 2012 #1
    I need to know how to identify the expression for the constant term in a power relationship. The power relationship is a relationship I imagined on a graph. On the graph both the values on the x and y axis's would be increasing. The power relationship is between square of rotational frequency and centripetal force. The equation for centripetal force is Fc=m4pi^2rf^2. I rearranged this equation for solve for f^2. How do I identify the expression for the constant term in a power relationship?

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 4, 2012 #2
    I'm not sure what you are asking - can you put it another way?

4. Nov 4, 2012 #3

mfb

2016 Award

Staff: Mentor

If you have exact data points, you can solve F=c*f^2 for c.
    If you want to fit a graph to several data points with an uncertainty, you can plot F/f^2 versus data point number (or F, or whatever you like) - you should get the same value everywhere.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook