1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Im 52 - is it too late to stucy physics

1. Oct 6, 2009 #1
    Hi all

As title. I would love to think that I can still do this as I have the time now that I never had. I understand maths and the basics of physics and spend a lot of time ready various physics books but have I left it just too late.

Dont want to do this for any other reason than personal satisfaction

Cheers all

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 6, 2009 #2
    Study as in independent study? Nope! You can do that at any age :) Heck, even if you wanted to get a degree I wouldn't say it's too late if it was for satisfaction. The only problem with age that people usually come up against is if they're over 40 and want to complete a PhD to become a professor; they two problems being that PhDs take a LONG time and professorships are extremely limited in number. But you should fine. Good luck in your studies!

4. Oct 6, 2009 #3
    Go for it! You're a few years younger than me and I'm a sophomore physics major.

5. Oct 6, 2009 #4
    I just finished an MS in physics at 47. We're the same age to one significant figure.

6. Oct 8, 2009 #5
    HI all
    Thanks for the positive encouragement. I will be enrolling to start in January with the OU

Regards
    Peter

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook