I'm about to apply to U of Illinois in civil engineering.

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 3K views
mrchainsaw
Messages
10
Reaction score
0
I'm a senior in high school and I live near the University of Illinois so I'm going to go there next year assuming I get accepted and everything. I'm not too passionate for anything but I like math and science so I figured engineering might be good. If I find out engineering isn't for me but I still want to pursue something with math or science, transferring shouldn't be too hard.

I'm going to apply to civil engineering but I really have no idea what branch of engineering I'd like best. I do think it's pretty cool that it's the #1 place to go for civil engineering according to News Week. Any advice or thoughts about my plan?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
can you go in as undeclared engineering? after taking a few general engineering courses and an intro to engineering sort of course you might have a better idea of what you like.

I started as civil, but transferred to mechanical because it didn't feel sciency enough.
 
I don't believe so. There is a general engineering major but I don't think it's the same thing.
 
mrchainsaw said:
I don't believe so. There is a general engineering major but I don't think it's the same thing.

well you don't declare anything, but youre in the engineering school. youll take intro classes and general science/math courses