1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

I'm not sure if i should post it on the forums but

1. Jan 11, 2006 #1
    do you guys know of a forum where i can post my all study related questions, not just the ones based on physics?
    being mentally ill, i hardly have courage to finish or even start an assignment especially a paper until someone guides me. Sometimes, the person does not even need to do anything but listen to my ideas and tell me they sound okay. Major confidence problem, you see?
    Anyway, I apologize to you people for posting this thread, because it's not related to physics at all

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 11, 2006 #2
    Since you are here it tells me you are not mentally ill, you are a very brilliant person. Please do post what ever you wish.

Again, you are just fine. Good luck!

4. Jan 11, 2006 #3

Tom Mattson

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

In the Sci Ed Zone, Under "Homework, Coursework, and Textbook Questions", we accept questions in math, physics, engineering, "other" sciences (bio, chem, geology, etc), engineering, comp sci, and various tech fields.

The only subject area of PF for which there isn't a "mirror" HW forum is philosophy, which has always marched to a different drum than the rest of the site. If you are looking for help on a philosophy paper, try to lead a discussion on it in the Philosophy section of PF. If you post your own thoughts and show that you are trying, then I'm sure that there will be people there who will help.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2006
  5. Jan 12, 2006 #4
    thanks for the help, but what if my paper is not on philosophy... like at all?

6. Jan 12, 2006 #5
    awww so sweet of you
    but brilliant people can be mentally ill too :)

7. Jan 12, 2006 #6

Tom Mattson

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Well, is your assigment like any of the other subject areas I listed?

8. Jan 12, 2006 #7
    well .... let me give you an example

right now, i'm badly stuck with my paper on homelessness .....

now philosophy has nothing do with it (at least considering the aspect of homelessness i'm covering in my paper)

and it definitely does not have anything to do with physics

9. Jan 12, 2006 #8

Tom Mattson

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

What course is it for? If it's from a sociological or economical viewpoint then it would fit under Social Sciences. However I would point out the expertise of our members is more along the lines of "hard science", and that you may not find too many people who are able to help here. I am just saying that to prepare you for the possibility that you get no responses.

10. Jan 12, 2006 #9
    yeah it is for a soci/humanities discussion class

11. Jan 17, 2006 #10
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?