I'm not sure if i should post it on the forums but

• Thread starter sweetvirgogirl
  • Start date
In summary, there are many forums available for posting study-related questions, including non-physics topics. The Sci Ed Zone on Physics Forums accepts questions in various subject areas, except for philosophy. For help with a philosophy paper, it is recommended to lead a discussion in the Philosophy section. However, if the paper is not related to philosophy, it may fit under Social Sciences. Please note that the expertise of members on Physics Forums is predominantly in hard science, so there may not be many responses for papers in other subject areas.
sweetvirgogirl
do you guys know of a forum where i can post my all study related questions, not just the ones based on physics?
being mentally ill, i hardly have courage to finish or even start an assignment especially a paper until someone guides me. Sometimes, the person does not even need to do anything but listen to my ideas and tell me they sound okay. Major confidence problem, you see?
Anyway, I apologize to you people for posting this thread, because it's not related to physics at all

Physics news on Phys.org
Since you are here it tells me you are not mentally ill, you are a very brilliant person. Please do post what ever you wish.

Again, you are just fine. Good luck!

sweetvirgogirl said:
do you guys know of a forum where i can post my all study related questions, not just the ones based on physics?

In the Sci Ed Zone, Under "Homework, Coursework, and Textbook Questions", we accept questions in math, physics, engineering, "other" sciences (bio, chem, geology, etc), engineering, comp sci, and various tech fields.

The only subject area of PF for which there isn't a "mirror" HW forum is philosophy, which has always marched to a different drum than the rest of the site. If you are looking for help on a philosophy paper, try to lead a discussion on it in the Philosophy section of PF. If you post your own thoughts and show that you are trying, then I'm sure that there will be people there who will help.

Last edited:
Tom Mattson said:
In the Sci Ed Zone, Under "Homework, Coursework, and Textbook Questions", we accept questions in math, physics, engineering, "other" sciences (bio, chem, geology, etc), engineering, comp sci, and various tech fields.
The only subject area of PF for which there isn't a "mirror" HW forum is philosophy, which has always marched to a different drum than the rest of the site. If you are looking for help on a philosophy paper, try to lead a discussion on it in the Philosophy section of PF. If you post your own thoughts and show that you are trying, then I'm sure that there will be people there who will help.
thanks for the help, but what if my paper is not on philosophy... like at all?

Serbian.matematika said:
Since you are here it tells me you are not mentally ill, you are a very brilliant person. Please do post what ever you wish.
Again, you are just fine. Good luck!
awww so sweet of you
but brilliant people can be mentally ill too :)

sweetvirgogirl said:
thanks for the help, but what if my paper is not on philosophy... like at all?

Well, is your assigment like any of the other subject areas I listed?

Tom Mattson said:
Well, is your assigment like any of the other subject areas I listed?
well ... let me give you an example

right now, I'm badly stuck with my paper on homelessness ...

now philosophy has nothing do with it (at least considering the aspect of homelessness I'm covering in my paper)

and it definitely does not have anything to do with physics

What course is it for? If it's from a sociological or economical viewpoint then it would fit under Social Sciences. However I would point out the expertise of our members is more along the lines of "hard science", and that you may not find too many people who are able to help here. I am just saying that to prepare you for the possibility that you get no responses.

Tom Mattson said:
What course is it for? If it's from a sociological or economical viewpoint then it would fit under Social Sciences. However I would point out the expertise of our members is more along the lines of "hard science", and that you may not find too many people who are able to help here. I am just saying that to prepare you for the possibility that you get no responses.
yeah it is for a soci/humanities discussion class

you might have altrerady but ..try
https://www.physicsforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=85
see what they think..
good luck

Last edited by a moderator:

1. Should I post my question on the forums?

Posting on the forums is a great way to get answers and advice from a community of knowledgeable individuals. It's always a good idea to seek out different perspectives and opinions when conducting research or seeking information.

2. What topics are appropriate for the forums?

The forums are an open platform for discussing a wide range of topics related to science and research. However, it's important to make sure your question follows the forum's guidelines and is relevant to the community.

3. Will I receive a response to my post?

While there is no guarantee that your post will receive a response, the forums are designed to encourage discussion and collaboration. If your question is well-written and relevant, there is a good chance that someone will provide a helpful response.

4. Is it okay to post about my own research or experiments?

Yes, the forums are a great place to share your own research and experiments. However, it's important to be transparent and provide enough information for others to understand and potentially replicate your work.

5. Can I post multiple questions in one post?

It's generally recommended to focus on one question at a time in order to receive more focused and helpful responses. However, if your questions are closely related, it may be acceptable to post them together as long as they are clearly stated and not overwhelming for other forum users.