Improving Air Flow on a 50ft Houseboat in the Desert SW

  • Thread starter Thread starter Specialblend21
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Air Air flow Flow
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
33 replies · 5K views
We should stop this thread because of the many mental models of the circumstances of the posters.

I was thinking of Lake Powell and Lake Mead in the USA southwest. Those lakes host fleets of houseboats. All the pictures I posted in this thread were from Lake Powell. There are no fast flowing waters in the lakes. Lake Powell does not often have excess nutrients like phosphorus and nitrogen. So my advice was location specific.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
PS Why isn't there something on the market for this purpose? Boating Folk are suckers for fancy gadgets (mea culpa). Since I sold my boat I became a wealthy man.
 
  • Haha
Likes   Reactions: Rive
sophiecentaur said:
I don't think that photo was a serious 'mooring suggestion' aamof. It looks more like a place for white water rafting than somewhere to spend the night. :smile:
Sure but still: shade and bodies of water rarely mix.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: sophiecentaur
anorlunda said:
We should stop this thread because of the many mental models of the circumstances of the posters.
Yep. Too many undisclosed variables and an unfamiliar topic. It's even worse than trying to discuss house wiring. It does give a nice insight into the various experiences different members have had, though and gives us practice with new vocabulary.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Rive and anorlunda