Impulse and impulsive force and momentum

In summary, impulse is the change in momentum and is represented by the symbol J, while impulsive force is the force that creates the impulse and is represented by the symbol F. The equation for impulsive force is F = (mv-mv0)/t.
stupif
1)anyone tells me what is the differences between impulse and impulsive force??

2) impulsive force = force X time
momentum = mass X change in velocity
impulse force = momentum. i know why but i don't understand why impulsive force is same as momemtum, if i want to decribe something about the punch of the frighter, i should say impulsive force ?? and when i should say it is momentum not impulsive force??

Likes nik_physics
Physics news on Phys.org
[tex]J = F\Delta t = ma\Delta t = m\frac{\Delta v}{\Delta t}\Delta t = m\Delta v = \Delta p[/tex] where J is the impulse. Impulse is the change in momentum not simply momentum =D.

for impulse formula is (mv-mu)/t ?

what is u in your formula?

u= initial velocity, v=final velocity

Your formula is fine except there is no factor of 1/t. It is simply, in accordance with your notation, J = mv - mu.

stupif said:
for impulse formula is (mv-mu)/t ?

Impulse is the change in momentum, and is given the symbol J.

Impulsive force is the force that acts to create the impulse, and has the symbol F.

[tex]\mathbf{J}=m\mathbf{v}-m\mathbf{v_0}=\mathbf{F}t[/tex]

So an equation for impulsive force would be what you posted above:

[tex]\mathbf{F}=\frac{m\mathbf{v}-m\mathbf{v_0}}{t}[/tex]

example for impulse and impulsive force?

1. What is impulse?

Impulse is the product of force and time. It is a measure of the change in momentum of an object.

2. What is impulsive force?

Impulsive force is a force that acts for a short period of time, resulting in a change in momentum. It is typically associated with collisions or sudden changes in velocity.

3. How is impulse related to momentum?

Impulse is equal to the change in momentum of an object. This means that a larger impulse will result in a larger change in momentum.

4. How is momentum conserved in a collision?

In a collision between two objects, the total momentum before and after the collision will be equal. This is known as the law of conservation of momentum.

5. How does mass affect impulse and momentum?

In a collision, the impulse and momentum will be greater for objects with larger masses. This is because a larger mass will experience a larger change in velocity for a given impulse.