In a graph, what is the origin of the abscissa?

  • Level: High School 
  • Thread starter Thread starter gcatal
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Graph Origin
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 6K views
gcatal
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
I need to draw a graph. According to the directions, I need to, "supress the origin of the abscissa so that the range of my X values covers the hozrizontal scale" I know the abscissa means the x-coordinate, but I don't know what the origin of the abscissa means and how I would "suppress it". Anyone have any ideas? Thanks.
 
Mathematics news on Phys.org
I would suggest simply plotting the data as you normally would. I think you will find that to aviod a large "empty" space from zero to your first point, you will need to shift the origin to some non zero value.