Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

In search of a Graphing Program for Excel data

1. Sep 17, 2015 #1

RJLiberator

Gold Member

Here is essentially what I need to do for a school essay:

I have an excel sheet with 200 points (x corresponding to A1 column values, y corresponding to B1 column values). I need to find a way to transfer this to a graphing program in quadrant 1 (all x,y coordinates are >= 1 and less than or equal to 20.

I need to be able to graph the circle with radius 20 (just the quadrant 1 selection of it) here as well.

A good graping program to do this was brought up b the teacher --> KaleidaGraph. However, it cost $150.

Is there anything free-graphing program that's able to do what I need? If not, what other programs out there, that cost money, are able to do this?

Thank you.

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 17, 2015 #2

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

Is there a reason you don't just use a (connected line) Scatter Plot in Excel? :smile:

4. Sep 17, 2015 #3

RJLiberator

Gold Member

Well, the professor mentioned that Excel's graphing program isn't the best option.

I would like a program that is better suited to graphing scientific figures.

5. Sep 17, 2015 #4

RJLiberator

Gold Member

I ended up using Maple 18 to graph. Things went exceedingly well.

I copied my two columns from excel into a matrix and used that to display my points, and another plot of a circle to display what was needed.

6. Sep 28, 2015 #5

pasmith

Homework Helper

See also gnuplot.

7. Oct 1, 2015 #6
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook