In these images,how can I remove the backgrnd noise in matlab?

  • Topic: MATLAB 
  • Thread starter Thread starter Urmi Roy
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Matlab Noise
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 3K views
Urmi Roy
Messages
743
Reaction score
1
I have to isolate the cell(seen as a bright blob) in the attached images from the background the zig-zag.

The problem is essentially that the intensity/brightness of the cell is almost equal to its backgraound, so I can't just subtract frames!
 
Attachments
  • frame200.jpg
    frame200.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 594
  • frame360.jpg
    frame360.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 545
Physics news on Phys.org
After filtering the images with medfilt2 twice, I get the following image...
http://imgur.com/D60kG

However, the cell is no longer the brightest spot here, so do I go for some other filter or does the criterion on the basis of which I locate the cell change?

Please suggest.