Income Distribution Data Sources for Statistical Analyses

In summary, the conversation is about finding sources of raw income/employment data. The person is hoping for help and suggestions from others in the thread. They have already searched for similar threads and found nothing. The sources they have so far are the Bureau of Labor Statistics and the United States Census Bureau. The person clarifies that by "raw income" they mean data in table form. They welcome any additional sources or recommendations from others.
EternusVia
Hello all!

I'm hoping you will be able to direct me to sources of raw income1 / employment data. Hopefully this thread can be a help to others who have similar needs in the future, as well.

(I did a quick search for a similar thread and didn't find anything - please correct me if I'm wrong.)

Here are the sources I have so far. I welcome your comments and any sources you would recommend.

1. Bureau of Labor Statistics: http://www.bls.gov/data/
  2. United States Census Bureau: http://www.census.gov/hhes/www/income/data/earnings/
  3. ..
  4. ..
  5. ..

Note 1: Although it was not the intent of my first sentence, I would welcome any direction to sources of raw income. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
What do you mean by the term "raw income"?

I mean data that is in table form, rather than just a graph or a set of percentages. That way one can actually use the data.

What is income distribution data?

Income distribution data refers to information about how income is distributed among individuals or households in a particular population. This data is used to analyze and understand economic inequality within a society.

What are the sources of income distribution data?

Income distribution data can be obtained from various sources such as government agencies, international organizations, and research institutions. Some common sources include the US Census Bureau, World Bank, and Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD).

What are the limitations of income distribution data?

Income distribution data may have limitations due to factors such as data collection methods, sample size, and the accuracy of self-reported income. Additionally, income distribution data does not always capture other forms of wealth and assets, such as property or investments, which can also contribute to economic inequality.

How is income distribution data used in statistical analyses?

Income distribution data is used in statistical analyses to measure and compare income inequality between different groups or over time. It can also be used to identify trends, patterns, and correlations between income distribution and other factors such as education, race, or gender.

How can income distribution data be utilized for policy-making?

Income distribution data can inform policy-making by providing insights into the economic well-being of a population and highlighting areas where inequality may be particularly high. This data can be used to develop targeted policies and interventions to address economic disparities and promote more equitable distribution of income.