Let's Complain Alphabetically: India in 2020

• News
  • Thread starter chound
  • Start date
  • Tags
    India
In summary: Americans can't understand a word you're saying. :redface:I have more frequent language barriers with southerners, and Americans than I do with Indians.
chound
Lets all have a party. Start complaining all u want in alphabetical order.
Okay since I'm going to be a Prime Minister of India in the future so I'll see what are all the complaints u have of India. Please make all the bashes relevant to present time.

Physics news on Phys.org
Pakistan, Bangladesh and China

I just have one major complaint. You need much better desserts. Those brown dough-ball things that are soaked in honey are just gross.

The mango pudding is pretty good though.

your call centres suck.

I agree, your call centers suck, genetically alter your voices please.

chound, this is too funny. Okay, like the U.S., India needs to be more concerned about the environment, specifically green house emissions. And India needs to be more concerned about over-population.

SOS2008 said:
chound, this is too funny. Okay, like the U.S., India needs to be more concerned about the environment, specifically green house emissions. And India needs to be more concerned about over-population.

That's all very well, but I just think their call centres suck. I don't have a problem with the voices, I have a problem with their shocking inability to follow simple instructions, such as "please send my new credit card to THIS address", or "please cancel THIS standing order".

Math Is Hard said:
I just have one major complaint. You need much better desserts. Those brown dough-ball things that are soaked in honey are just gross.
Hey, who's ragging on gulab jamin? They're (almost too) sweet and I wouldn't want to eat more than one or two at a time, but I like them. And palek paneer is my favorite dish of all time. I have no complaints about India, the food or the people.

I don't have a problem with the call centers there, I think on average the person I reach in India is a heck of a lot smarter and more polite than most call centers employees I've reached in the US. Sad, but true.

I worked for AT&T and EVERY tech person we had in New Jersey was from India and they were one damn BRIGHT group of guys. I just couldn't pronounce their names. :redface:

Evo said:
I don't have a problem with the call centers there, I think on average the person I reach in India is a heck of a lot smarter and more polite than most call centers employees I've reached in the US. Sad, but true.

I worked for AT&T and EVERY tech person we had in New Jersey was from India and they were one damn BRIGHT group of guys. I just couldn't pronounce their names. :redface:

We've obviously had very different experiences. I once spent 20 minutes on the phone to my bank (in India), asking them to put me through to my local branch so that I could talk to them regarding a change of address. He said ok, then put me on hold, then 15 minutes later picked up saying that he'd spoken to my branch and that they would arrange to close my account! No, no no, you stupid man!

You know it's funny, because our people say the exact opposite, they wonder after talking to you, "What the hell are these stupid people rambling about, I only wish they could genetically alter their voices so I can understand one word of their gibberish."

Last edited:
chound said:
Lets all have a party. Start complaining all u want in alphabetical order.
Okay since I'm going to be a Prime Minister of India in the future so I'll see what are all the complaints u have of India. Please make all the bashes relevant to present time.

This topic sucks.

http://www.planetcricket.net/forums/images/smilies/sign_thistopicsucks.gif [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator:
brewnog said:
We've obviously had very different experiences. I once spent 20 minutes on the phone to my bank (in India), asking them to put me through to my local branch so that I could talk to them regarding a change of address. He said ok, then put me on hold, then 15 minutes later picked up saying that he'd spoken to my branch and that they would arrange to close my account! No, no no, you stupid man!
I've had even worse experiences with people here. I really haven't had language issues with anyone in India, but perhaps that is due to my impeccable diction. :approve:

klusener, I can just imagine the horror stories those poor workers have about some of the people that call in.

Brewnog, you're English, even Americans can't understand you. :tongue2: :wink:

Evo said:
I've had even worse experiences with people here. I really haven't had language issues with anyone in India, but perhaps that is due to my impeccable diction.

I have more frequent language barriers with southerners, and Americans than I do with Indians.

Evo said:
Brewnog, you're English, even Americans can't understand you. :tongue2: :wink:

This is true. We like to keep it that way. Why do you think we keep using our own versions of words like "jelly", "resume" and "fanny", just to wind you up?!

Evo said:

In my experiences, the guys are polite and helpful but my god, you have to repeat things over and over. The US guys are normally a'holes.

Indians always ask for bargains... We chinese aint going to give u none ...:)

We really need some Pakistani input to this thread to get the abuse flowing :devil:

chound said:

You haven't invaded a country for ages ! Weasels !
o:)

vanesch said:

rofl... *looks at your location*

Math Is Hard said:

The mango pudding is pretty good though.
Man how can u not like gulab jamuns. Okay meybe you have to try rasagollas. or Mysore bagh of the finest ghee, or palkova, or ...

The call centres suck becoz the we Indians want the US companies to take us to US and employ them there for a lot of money and not make us work here for pittance.

SOS2008 said:
I think this is the only real complaint

vanesch said:
Dude that's going to change when I become the prime minister.

kaos which part of malaysia are u from. I lived there for a few years in Kelantan. Very nice country, Malaysia. I stay there for 2 months every year.

No one's interested in this thread.

It looks like I have to abuse India myself.

Over-pop, Too many vehicles, People complain a lot about the govt., People think there are no professions other than doctor or engineer. Too many poor. Reeks of corruption. Discrimination of Dalits, etc

Why doesn't India pull out of Kashmir and accede sovereignty to Pakistan or at least hold the plebiscite India agreed to in 1947?

Evo said:
lol, I once called for a cab in the US and the call center girl got pissed on me and hang up the phone.. it was the first time for me calling a cab :cry:

India.. one thing I've always wondered: why do all the Indian immigrants seem to be named Patel?

Ha! I can't believe you took me up on this! Much respect, chound. I personally have no qualms with India. If it weren't for you guys, I'd never have learned to cook. Your call centres are better than one would expect for people being paid so damn little. I work with several people from India and they're all too cool. I also don't recall video footage of Indians cheering after 9/11 which cannot be said for a certain other country whose name has popped up once or twice on this thread.

chound said:
kaos which part of malaysia are u from. I lived there for a few years in Kelantan. Very nice country, Malaysia. I stay there for 2 months every year.

No one's interested in this thread.

It looks like I have to abuse India myself.

Over-pop, Too many vehicles, People complain a lot about the govt., People think there are no professions other than doctor or engineer. Too many poor. Reeks of corruption. Discrimination of Dalits, etc

Im from perak. U got relatives here??

Pengwuino said:

You missed the irony in the proposition, I'm affraid... :biggrin:

Pengwuino said:

Pengwuino, my friend, this is my favourite post of yours. It's very ironic that someone from France would talk about invasions, or maybe it's not, I mean they have been invaded so many times, maybe they have an affliction with it.

We are not interested in military hegemony in the subcontinental region, we take up arms when our sovereignty is being violated.

You missed the irony in the proposition, I'm affraid...

hmmm...

chound said:

You disgust me. What's the use of complaining, every country has these problems, it's people like you who sit all day complaining about this and that, instead of doing something practical to get rid of those problems.

Too many vehicles

That's a manifestation of industrialism. Some people (that is logical thinking, sane people) would appreciate that.

People complain a lot about the govt

That's a part of being a democracy. If you were not allowed to question the government, you would be living in a dictatorship.

People think there are no professions other than doctor or engineer.

What kind of a statement is that? Every single person I have met in my life has known that there are other professions than doctor or engineer. In fact, I would be glad if that was the case, because we need a lot more doctors to cure mental illnesses like the sort you have.

Last edited:
Let's not resort to name calling. I can see this will only spiral downhill.