1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Information processing in the brain

1. Feb 25, 2012 #1
    I've always wanted to study something that has to do with how information is processed in the brain. I don't know if this sounds silly but almost like "reading" the brain. Perhaps like data/mathematical modelling? I don't really know what educational path I must choose. I am thinking that the choices consist of neuroscience, applied math, bioinformatics, computational biology, biomedical engineering. I will be applying to universities in Quebec & Ontario. There are just so many programs that I don't which will be the best interdisciplinary approach. Also note that I love math, probably more than any other course that I can think of. I understand that I'll most likely have to do graduate studies too.

P.S. Dos UofT have a neuroscience program at the St. George Campus?

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 27, 2012 #2
    (Theoretical) Computer Science would be a good option. Here you learn about computation and data representation, which provides a good background for graduate level neuroinformatics.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook