Scroll down that page till the point where it says:
"4. Installing from source"
That is actually a tutorial for Ubuntu (a Debian-based distro), so I think it should work for the most part. You might just want to wait for a confirmation from someone else, since I am new to Linux, too. FYI, if you can find a .deb file for the same program, then it would be as simple as installing a program on Windows.
We Value Quality
• Topics based on mainstream science
• Proper English grammar and spelling We Value Civility
• Positive and compassionate attitudes
• Patience while debating We Value Productivity
• Disciplined to remain on-topic
• Recognition of own weaknesses
• Solo and co-op problem solving