1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Installing Pro-Engineer on a linux machine

1. Dec 6, 2006 #1
    anyone know how to do this? i have 0 experience installing stuff on linux, i'm pretty new to it. i know the one word "un-tarring" and thats about the limit of my capabilities

it'll be wildfire3 version of proe on debian distro

thanks for any and all help

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 7, 2006 #2
    http://www.psychocats.net/ubuntu/installingsoftware

Scroll down that page till the point where it says:
    "4. Installing from source"

That is actually a tutorial for Ubuntu (a Debian-based distro), so I think it should work for the most part. You might just want to wait for a confirmation from someone else, since I am new to Linux, too. FYI, if you can find a .deb file for the same program, then it would be as simple as installing a program on Windows.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2006
  4. Dec 11, 2006 #3

ranger

Gold Member

5. Dec 11, 2006 #4
    ahh see I don't have solid media, only archive files to be unpacked. i have done so, and tried to run /home/(username)/..../setup, but it does nay work.

6. Dec 11, 2006 #5

ranger

Gold Member

Mayb you can start the installation by doing the following:
    cd /home/(username)/...
    sh setup
    OR (from within the install directory)
    ./setup

If that doesnt work, post the output of ls -al from within the install directory.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?