Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Integrating Calculus withing a Physics Project

1. May 20, 2007 #1
    Hey, I am in high school AP Physics/Calculus and my group needs to come up with a project that involves both the use Physics and Calculus. We are willing to research and do anything. Does anyone have any interesting topics that they could share with us. By the way, we CANNOT do a project on Roller Coasters, Catapults/Trebechets, or something involving sports. My teacher says they are too common.

Thank You
  2. jcsd
  3. May 20, 2007 #2

Gold Member

Last edited: May 20, 2007
  4. May 20, 2007 #3

Yea that's a good idea but I'm am not really familiar with Optics. I'm in Physics C and we do not cover Waves, Optics Atomic and Nuclear Physics, Thermal and Fluid Mechanics as those are covered in Physics B. But I will consider that topic. It looks really interesting.
  5. May 20, 2007 #4
    solve a damped harmonic oscillator?
  6. May 20, 2007 #5

Sounds interesting. Any other proposals?
  7. May 20, 2007 #6
    How in-depth do you want it do be? I've always wanted to make a mini generator (maybe something that'd work kind of like a dam, where you could pour water in, have it rotate a turbine to fill a capacitor), and then recycle the energy as electricity to do something cool... like start a Rube Goldberg machine or something.
  8. May 21, 2007 #7

That's sound really interesting. I've definitely putting that as Top 3...
    Anyways, the thing is i have until May 23 Wednesday to make a proposal. Once proposals are in you CANNOT change your topic. So I need to come up with something that i can write a 40 page report on and make an hour's worth of presentation. I have to do this with 3 group members. The final project is due June 6th or something like that.
  9. May 21, 2007 #8

Staff: Mentor

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?