Interested in Mythology besides me

• Thread starter Shadow
  • Start date
In summary, Shadow talks about her love for mythology and shares some of her knowledge on the topic. Ivan shares his own knowledge on Norse mythology and the titans. They discuss astrology and the Necronomicron. Finally, they discuss mythology's influence on modern culture.
Originally posted by Zero
Has anyone mentioned Judeo-Christian mythology? The Bible is chock full of useful fancies...

What? Russ won't play anymore?

Physics news on Phys.org
Originally posted by Lonewolf
Haha, if you like. They've even got the pub I go to!

http://www.derbycity.com/ghosts/ghost-14.html

Can you tell us anything about the credibility of the stories about this pub; or the area? This is an interesting oppotunity to get some direct feedback about a fringe claim. Does anyone at the pub believe or even know about these claims?

Last edited by a moderator:
The bar staff seem adament that there is something there. One of them was telling me once about something switching the taps of the beer barrels on, and the barrels being moved about in the cellar, sometimes neatly, and sometimes thrown around. The claim that they always go down to the cellar in pairs is true. I've never seen or heard anything unusual personally, and I'm in there often enough :wink: I'd recommend anyone passing through Derby to go there, it's one of the best pubs in Derby.

It's true when they say Derby is the "Ghost Capital of England". There's so many tour companies offering "Ghost Walks". I can't offer the same recommendation I do for these as I do for 'The Dolphin'.

I haven't been to the pub since, as I've moved back into uni, so I won't be back in Derby until around Christmas. They should pay me for the advertising! I don't think most of the regulars would be interested in PF, to be honest. I'll give it a shot when I go back, 'though.