Anyone interested in Unidentified Aerial Phenomena (UAP) and how they work?

In summary, the discussion revolves around the interest and legitimacy of leaks about UAP's (Unidentified Aerial Phenomenon) and their potential impact on technology. Some members discourage discussing UFO's, while others are curious about how to explain the images through optical illusions or hardware artifacts. The conversation also touches on the idea of hidden facts and the comparison to magic tricks. Despite the interest in discussing how these UAPs work, the thread is closed as it is not allowed on the forum.
Spooky Action
Just wondering if anyone here finds these video/picture leaks about UAP's (Unidentified Aerial Phenomenon) interesting and inspiring enough to try and figure out how they work? Pretty big game changer of technology and would be fun to discuss. I'm hoping at least someone agrees.

Physics news on Phys.org
First PF discourages discussion of UFO's in general. However, if you want to discuss how these images are explained via optical illusions or some artifact of the hardware recording the image then that would be okay.

So many times, we work with partial knowledge of what we see but upon further investigation find there are hidden facts that help to explain what we don't understand. In many ways, this is like magic tricks, we don't understand the illsuion until someone tells us how it worked.

Likes russ_watters
jedishrfu said:
First PF discourages discussion of UFO's in general. However, if you want to discuss how these images are explained via optical illusions or some artifact of the hardware recording the image then that would be okay.

So many times, we work with partial knowledge of what we see but upon further investigation find there are hidden facts that help to explain what we don't understand. In many ways, this is like magic tricks, we don't understand the illsuion until someone tells us how it worked.
Well, it's not to say every sighting is legit, but obviously some are. I hesitate to even converse with someone so closed minded. Where is your sense of interest in cutting edge Aerospace? And if you don't have any, then why the heck are you even here?

• Skeptical
Likes russ_watters
Tom.G said:
Although it is closed, you might find this thread interesting reading:
https://www.physicsforums.com/threads/flying-triangles.554198/
Okay- thanks. I'll read through some of it. I guess where I'm coming from though is that I think the cat's out of the bag. Even the Pentagon now has officially declared that at least some of these are real and unexplained, and have released videos of several examples. I think the next step is to discuss how they work, and so that's what this thread is for. Since this is a technical forum in general.

Spooky Action said:
Okay- thanks. I'll read through some of it. I guess where I'm coming from though is that I think the cat's out of the bag. Even the Pentagon now has officially declared that at least some of these are real and unexplained, and have released videos of several examples. I think the next step is to discuss how they work, and so that's what this thread is for. Since this is a technical forum in general.
Nope, we don't do that at PF.

Thread closed.

Likes Oldman too, DaveE, russ_watters and 1 other person

1. What are Unidentified Aerial Phenomena (UAP)?

Unidentified Aerial Phenomena, also known as unidentified flying objects (UFOs), are objects or lights in the sky that cannot be explained by conventional means. They are often associated with extraterrestrial life, but can also have natural or man-made explanations.

2. How do scientists study UAP?

Scientists study UAP by collecting and analyzing data from various sources such as eyewitness accounts, radar data, and satellite imagery. They also conduct experiments and simulations to try to recreate and understand the observed phenomena.

3. What are some common explanations for UAP?

Some common explanations for UAP include misidentified natural phenomena such as meteors or atmospheric anomalies, man-made objects such as drones or experimental aircraft, and hoaxes or illusions.

4. Are there any credible sightings of UAP?

Yes, there have been numerous sightings of UAP reported by credible sources, including military personnel, pilots, and trained observers. However, not all sightings can be confirmed or explained.

5. How do UAP potentially work?

The workings of UAP are still not fully understood, as there is limited scientific evidence and research on the subject. Some theories suggest advanced technology or propulsion systems, while others propose alternative dimensions or extraterrestrial origins. Further study and investigation are needed to fully understand how UAP may work.