Interfacing serial peripheral connecter with parallel bus

In summary, the conversation discusses the need to attach an inclinometer to a data translation board without using a microcontroller. The solution is to use a UART device, such as the ADIS16209CCCZ from Analog Devices, which has a serial peripheral interface (SPI) connector and can interface with the parallel buses on the DAQ module. A link to more information on UART is provided.
torchwood
I'm not 100% sure that this is in the right board, but...

I need to attach an inclinometer to a data translation board. The DAQ module in question is a DT9816 from Data Translation, and in inclinometers one of those being looked at is the ADIS16209CCCZ from Analog Devices. This has a serial peripheral interface (SPI) connecter, and is typically designed to be hooked up to a microcontroller. I was wondering if anybody knew of any ways to bypass using a microcontroller, e.g. if there is a piece of equipment I could put between the two that will interface the inclinometer's SPI with the parallel buses on the DAQ module.

Thanks.

Engineering news on Phys.org
The device you seek is called a UART.

http://focus.ti.com/analog/docs/gencontent.tsp?familyId=361&genContentId=32544

Google has many entries on explanation.

1. How does an interfacing serial peripheral connector with parallel bus work?

An interfacing serial peripheral connector with parallel bus allows for communication between devices that use different data transfer protocols. It converts the serial data from the peripheral device into parallel data for the bus to process, and vice versa.

2. What are the benefits of interfacing serial peripheral connector with parallel bus?

Interfacing serial peripheral connector with parallel bus allows for increased speed and efficiency in data transfer between devices. It also enables compatibility between devices that use different data transfer protocols.

3. Can any serial peripheral connector be interfaced with a parallel bus?

No, not all serial peripheral connectors are compatible with parallel buses. It is important to check the specifications and protocols of both the connector and the bus to ensure compatibility.

4. Are there any limitations to interfacing serial peripheral connector with parallel bus?

One limitation is that the speed of data transfer may be limited by the slower data transfer rate of the serial peripheral connector. Additionally, compatibility issues may arise if the protocols of the connector and the bus do not match.

5. How is data synchronized between the serial peripheral connector and the parallel bus?

Data synchronization is achieved through the use of a clock signal. The serial peripheral connector and the parallel bus must both be synchronized to the same clock signal in order for data to be transferred accurately.