Internet Connection: Phone to PC. And back?

In summary, to connect your phone to your PC for internet access, you can use a USB cable or enable Wi-Fi hotspot on your phone. However, you must have a data plan to use your phone's internet connection on your PC. The speed of the internet connection from phone to PC depends on various factors and can range from 3-10 Mbps. You can use your phone as a modem to connect your PC to the internet, but this may use up your data plan. To improve the internet connection speed, you can try moving closer to your phone or router, ensuring no obstructions, using a USB cable, or upgrading to a faster network speed.
WWGD
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Hi all,
Hope this is not a " where do I buy the latest version of the interweb " question. How does one send a file
from a PC ( win 8.1 ) to a smart phone, knowing only the phone number? What info do I need in order to send it?
Thanks.

EDIT: Never mind, DUH. If I received a file in my email service, I can just attach one and send it back
to the same address. If mods prefer, I can just delete it.

Last edited:
Computer science news on Phys.org
If both devices have bluetooth, you could have used that.

Likes WWGD

1. How do I connect my phone to my PC for internet access?

To connect your phone to your PC for internet access, you can use a USB cable or enable Wi-Fi hotspot on your phone. Simply plug in the USB cable or turn on the hotspot, and your PC will automatically detect the internet connection.

2. Can I use my phone's internet connection on my PC without a data plan?

No, you cannot use your phone's internet connection on your PC without a data plan. The internet connection on your phone is provided by your cellular network, and you must have a data plan to use it.

3. What is the speed of internet connection from phone to PC?

The speed of internet connection from phone to PC depends on various factors such as your phone's network speed, signal strength, and the type of connection (USB or Wi-Fi hotspot). On average, the speed can range from 3-10 Mbps.

4. Can I use my phone as a modem to connect my PC to the internet?

Yes, you can use your phone as a modem to connect your PC to the internet. This can be done by enabling USB tethering or setting up a Wi-Fi hotspot on your phone. However, keep in mind that this may use up your phone's data plan.

5. How can I improve the internet connection speed from my phone to my PC?

To improve the internet connection speed from your phone to your PC, you can try moving closer to your phone or router, ensuring there are no obstructions, and using a USB cable instead of Wi-Fi hotspot. Additionally, you can upgrade your phone or router to a faster network speed.