Internet Journal of Vibrationsl Spectroscopy

In summary, the Internet Journal of Vibrational Spectroscopy, a journal founded by Professor Patrick Hendra and published by John Wiley & Sons, was recently inaccessible but has since been brought back online at the web address www.ijvs.com. The journal, which stopped publishing around 2004-2005, contains a full archive of articles, including those of a forum member. It is unknown what happened to Professor Hendra, but he is believed to be alive and well.
ColyoDodoff
Hello, Gentlemen!
Is there anybody who has ever published in the "Internet Journal of Vibrational Spectroscopy"?
I had a couple of article published there (in the years 1999 and 2000), and everithing with the site of the Journal

www.ijvs.com

was correct until approx. one week ago. Yesterday, however, I was surprised that the site cannot be found in the Internet. This means all the archive of articles published there during the years is now lost, since no paper version of the Journal exists.
This Journal had been founded by the famous spectroscopist Professor Patrick Hendra from the Southhampton University, and the Publisher was John Wiley & Sons.
And now what happenes -- all the papers, even cited in the literature by other authors are lost! This situation is absurd, I do not know if this has any precedent in science.
Iwould be glad if someone who knows what has happened contacts me.
Thank you!

Nicolay I. Dodoff, Ph. D., Res. Fellow I Deg.
[email address deleted by moderator]

[Moderator's note: please do not display email addresses publicly. Use the Private Message system to exchange email information or to communicate privately.]

Last edited by a moderator:
Chemistry news on Phys.org
http://web.archive.org/web/*/ijvs.com

Domain is owned by John Wiley & Sons, Inc, they should know something.

You better not show your email address on forums, it will be harvested by bots in no time and you will be sent tons of spam.

Edit: seems like the archives show same "we're back and we are owned by JWS now" message for the last several years. That means site was generally abandoned since late 2004.

--

Last edited:
Borek said:
http://web.archive.org/web/*/ijvs.com

Domain is owned by John Wiley & Sons, Inc, they should know something.

You better not show your email address on forums, it will be harvested by bots in no time and you will be sent tons of spam.

Edit: seems like the archives show same "we're back and we are owned by JWS now" message for the last several years. That means site was generally abandoned since late 2004.

--
Thank you very much, Borek!
In the cite you gave I found the archve of papers including mine. Now I know the new "address" of my papers.
Yes, the Journal was stopped around 2004-2005, but the archive existed until, say, a week ago at the previous site of IJVS, www.ijvs.com
Meanwhile, I do not know what has happened with Professor Patrick J. Hendra...
Very best regards!

Colyo

As a founder member of IJVS I am disturbed at the disappearance. I will follow this up with Wiley. Professor Pat is alive and well thriving in retirement. At least he was at Christmas and I think that I would have heard if otherwise

1. What is the purpose of the "Internet Journal of Vibrational Spectroscopy"?

The purpose of the Internet Journal of Vibrational Spectroscopy is to provide a platform for researchers and scientists to publish their original research and review articles related to the field of vibrational spectroscopy. It aims to promote the exchange of knowledge and ideas within the scientific community and advance the understanding and application of vibrational spectroscopy.

2. How often is the "Internet Journal of Vibrational Spectroscopy" published?

The Internet Journal of Vibrational Spectroscopy is published on a monthly basis, with 12 issues per year. It also offers online-first publications, where articles are made available online as soon as they are accepted for publication, before they are officially assigned to an issue.

3. Is the "Internet Journal of Vibrational Spectroscopy" peer-reviewed?

Yes, all articles published in the Internet Journal of Vibrational Spectroscopy undergo a rigorous peer-review process. This ensures the quality and validity of the research published in the journal. The peer-review process involves evaluation by experts in the field who provide feedback and recommendations for improvement before a paper is accepted for publication.

4. What types of articles are accepted for publication in the "Internet Journal of Vibrational Spectroscopy"?

The Internet Journal of Vibrational Spectroscopy accepts original research articles, review articles, and short communications related to all aspects of vibrational spectroscopy, including but not limited to infrared, Raman, and near-infrared spectroscopy. The journal also welcomes submissions on new developments and applications in the field, as well as articles on theoretical and computational methods in vibrational spectroscopy.

5. Is the "Internet Journal of Vibrational Spectroscopy" open access?

Yes, the Internet Journal of Vibrational Spectroscopy is an open-access journal, meaning that all articles published are freely available to readers without any subscription or paywall. This allows for wider dissemination of knowledge and greater accessibility to research for the scientific community and the general public.