Inverse of velocity function? *Have pics of attempt*

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 2K views
Morhas
Messages
22
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement



http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/4863/12544262.jpg

Homework Equations





The Attempt at a Solution



I don't know if I did this right. If I did, I can't find what meaning the inverse of this functions has :S. Any help is appreciated.

http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/7153/27743903.jpg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
f is a map from v to m, ie
m = f(v)

f-1 will be the map from m to v, ie
v = f-1(m)
 
I think I understand this, but what does it mean physically speaking in terms of mass and the velocity?
 
not too sure... maybe that for a given object there is one to one correspondence between mass & magnitude of velocity, so f-1, is the unique map from mass to velocity magnitude