Is a High-Cost Undergraduate Degree Worth the Debt for Aspiring Scientists?

  • Thread starter Thread starter kaos86
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    debt
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
120 replies · 21K views
I think an undergrad degree will probably be fine at a cheap school, because you're probably going to rack up a pretty good debt during grad school anyways. My undergrad school is about 18 grand a year with no financial aid package. After my financial aid package, I have about a $1,000 debt per semester, which I can make back while working that semester relatively easy.

Paying that much money for an undergrad degree that isn't going to do you much good until after you complete grad school is just a waste of that much money. Most universities will have an established physics department, which will be more than sufficient for an undergrad degree.