Is Alder the Best Wood for Smoking Salmon?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Borek
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Evo
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
118 replies · 21K views
Mentor
Messages
29,213
Reaction score
4,643
Happy smokin' Birthday Evo!

Evoker.jpg


Your birthday started, at least here :smile:
 
Physics news on Phys.org


Happy Birthday Evo! I really hope you enjoy it!

happy-birthday-cat-glitter.gif
 


Happy Birthday Evo!1111!1111!1!

May you have many more. :)

6347148340_8dd5e11682.jpg
 


http://www.eurekaphotos.com/cards/images/small/BirthdaySmoke-card.jpg

Happy Birthday :smile:!
 
Last edited by a moderator:


Awww, thanks guys! This turning out to be the best birthday ever thanks to all of you wonderful people.
 


Happy birthday! I won't press you as to which birthday, but I expect it's not like a former faculty member here who got a front-page story in the local newspaper last week for his 105th birthday. :biggrin:
 


Happy Birthday, Evo

http://www.lucks.com/UserFiles/Image/BC.rose.jpg
 


Today should be smoker-day! Remember to burn it off initially, cure the innards with a good coating of vegetable oil (I highly recommend peanut oil for its high smoke-point and tendency not to go rancid with age!) and re-heat that smoker. You don't want your first smoke to taste like mineral oil.

In the meantime, you can get the Chile to pick up some smoke-worthy meat. Here, you could get farmed Atlantic salmon fillets or steaks pretty cheap, but you wouldn't be in Kansas anymore. You might have better luck getting an inexpensive pork roast or some turkey-parts out there in the hinterland. Either way, have fun and enjoy. Need posts on the food thread (with pix, too!).
 


It is not official even with Borek's picture and Evo's thanks until I see Evo type, "Yes it arrived on my birthday !" Then, I will believe the smoker really made it there, and in one piece.

Happy Birthday kiddo, glad it is a memorable one for you.

Rhody...
 


Happy Birthday, Evo!

May you have many more.

Enjoy.

♥♥♥
 


Happy Birthday, Evo, and many more happy ones, too!11111
 


Thank you everyone! The cakes, the kitties, the nice wishes. :smile:

I will announce as soon as it gets here.
 


Borek said:
Sadly, it is still in the hub.
WHAT! They left it in the warehouse? :frown:
 


Yes
grumpy_Borek.png


From what it says on UPS site delivery is scheduled for tomorrow, but after it arrived to Lenexa on Saturday morning I thought it should make it to you today.
 


Borek said:
Yes
grumpy_Borek.png


From what it says on UPS site delivery is scheduled for tomorrow, but after it arrived to Lenexa on Saturday morning I thought it should make it to you today.
I will extend my birthday through tomorrow. :biggrin:
 


Dembadon said:
Happy Birthday, Evo! :smile:

WonderwomanA.jpg

It's supposed to be a secret that in real life, Evo is Wonder Woman. :rolleyes: